Insurance Quotes...

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by 084runnerltd, Jun 14, 2019.

1. 084runnerltd

084runnerltd Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jake
    Car(s):
    08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Financial Advisor
    Garage Profiles:
    Just curious if anyone else got insurance quotes?

I stopped by my agent the other day and gave him a VIN off this site for an estimate.

Total was 1,400 a year
    Deductible: 1000
    Uninsured/underinsured/medical: 500k
    Glass: free glass repair and windshields

I have 2 speeding tickets on my record in the past 5 years. I believe one was for 6 over and the other about the same....

Anyway, I didn’t think that was too bad of a rate for a 2 seater.

Anybody else get any estimates?

orvillesd likes this.
  2. XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2013 GT86, 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Engineer
    hush don't alert the insurance agencies that there is a new car out there. I'm hoping to register it as a Camry :D

Powaup and 084runnerltd like this.
  3. DesmoSD

DesmoSD Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
    Liked:
    I don't think the fact that's it's a 2 seater is relevant to your quote. Is it just for just the MKV? If so, $1400/yr with a 1K deductible is expensive.

4. AHP

AHP Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    '93 Supra TT Hardtop, '09 Corvette ZR1, '07 Corvette, '13 G37x, '10 Escalade ESV
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    The only meaningful comparison on insurance premiums is the cost relative to other cars you own/insure. Wayyyy too many factors to reasonably compare to others, even in the same locale. The whole 2 seat vs. 4 seat, 2 door vs. 4 door, etc.. really means nothing in today's insurance premium valuation. Removing the driver and location variables, the biggest factors on the vehicle itself are how likely it is to be stolen and how expensive it is to repair. In other words, what's the likelihood of a claim being filed, and what is the avg payout in that event.

My Escalade is the most expensive vehicle to ensure, my wife's G37x is a distant second. Before I went to a stated value policy my Corvettes and Supra were pennies on the dollar relative to the others, which is somewhat ironic considering the ZR1 -- on paper -- is worth 3x or more of the others.

XtremeMaC likes this.
  5. Searchneverend

Searchneverend Active Member

Car(s):
    Camaro, Camry, Corolla, Accord, Z350, Alfa Romeo 4C
    Liked:

is this for a full coverage?

6. OP
    OP
    084runnerltd

084runnerltd Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jake
    Car(s):
    08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Financial Advisor
    Garage Profiles:
    Yes

Yes, it is just for adding the Supra. I guess I was comparing it to my M5 that I sold last year....that was 1,200 a year, it was a 2008 with a total value of about 20k and same coverage. (I should say, 20k is what I sold it for, who knows how much I would have gotten if I totaled it)

I didn’t think too much about the 2-seat / 4-seat thing until I heard a few YouTube reviewers mention how much more insurance would be since it only has 2 seats. I guess I shouldn’t have believed them, but it peaked my interest enough to get some quotes.

You would think that ZR1 would cost the most, I guess that’s why I am not an underwriter. Lol

Either way, I think this vehicle is going to be relatively cheap insure. (Unless of course you are that 18 year old guy with a few accidents and tickets on your record.)