Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Hello Everyone!

I create this thread for discussions about the available and soon to be available intake manifolds for the Supra.

So far the list is:

EOS: $3950
CSF: $4299
AMS: $3999
Rk Autowerks: $3499
Wagner Tuning EVO 1: $2600
GMS: $3650
Remnant Performance: $3490 (with 1050CC Injectors)
Project Gamma: $1947
Wagner Tuning EVO 2: TBA
ETS: TBA
CTS: TBA
Burger Motorsports (BMS): TBA

It would be nice if we could also gather some technical data on their performance once they are available.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
That ETS manifold is a beast! I would love to get my hands on one.

-RJM

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Can someone ELI5 what benefits are gained from an aftermarket intake manifold?

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Watch this video it will explain the benefits.

-RJM

so if Iā€™m understanding itā€™s a possible little bit of a power bump with tune due to increased air. But the main benefit is really in simplicity in setting yourself up for PI? Makes sense. For 4K though that seems like endgame nothing else to work on territory for me tho ?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
so if Iā€™m understanding itā€™s a possible little bit of a power bump with tune due to increased air. But the main benefit is really in simplicity in setting yourself up for PI? Makes sense. For 4K though that seems like endgame nothing else to work on territory for me tho ?
Yes essentially the main purpose will be to do port injection. It will also improve cooling capacity but the factory system is more than capable. Airflow wise I'm not sure if it will make more power, hopefully they do before/after dyno testing.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Definitely some game end shiz haha. There are some who make PI kits for the stock manifold as is I believe. This is some true gucci sh*t only for the coldest of drivers hahaha. I want it though ngl. Maybe someday when 21s are actually unlocked and upgrade the turbo

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I thought these were just overkill too, but then I had a track day last weekend and I found out that the factory A2W IC heatsoaks very quickly in hot ambient weather.

It was 90F and by my third session, the car was pulling a significant amount of timing above 5k RPM. Lost nearly 20mph on the back straight at Blackhawk Farms; which was a surprisingly large amount of power reduction. I thought it might be coolant temps or oil temps, but coolant temps were rock steady at 120C and oil temps were a little high at 145-150C peak, but nothing too crazy. Texted Jackie about it and he said it was def IATs, which made a ton of sense.

My car is running an MHD OTS Map, VRSF Catless downpipe, and that's it. Not pushing the engine at all power-wise, but 90F temperatures were still enough to cause issues. This doesn't bode well either because I'm planning on doing a few HPDEs in Texas where ambient temps will likely be approaching 100F+.

I might try starting with upgrading the heat exchanger, but I feel like eventually I'm going to need to move to a more efficient manifold if heatsoak is still an issue.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
I thought these were just overkill too, but then I had a track day last weekend and I found out that the factory A2W IC heatsoaks very quickly in hot ambient weather.

It was 90F and by my third session, the car was pulling a significant amount of timing above 5k RPM. Lost nearly 20mph on the back straight at Blackhawk Farms; which was a surprisingly large amount of power reduction. I thought it might be coolant temps or oil temps, but coolant temps were rock steady at 120C and oil temps were a little high at 145-150C peak, but nothing too crazy. Texted Jackie about it and he said it was def IATs, which made a ton of sense.

My car is running an MHD OTS Map, VRSF Catless downpipe, and that's it. Not pushing the engine at all power-wise, but 90F temperatures were still enough to cause issues. This doesn't bode well either because I'm planning on doing a few HPDEs in Texas where ambient temps will likely be approaching 100F+.

I might try starting with upgrading the heat exchanger, but I feel like eventually I'm going to need to move to a more efficient manifold if heatsoak is still an issue.
I did a trackday at BW last weekend (6/26/21). Ambient temps were 95+.

The car has every cooling mod possible installed minus the intake manifold. Running map 1 on a JB4 unit so about 400 - 420 hp. Car was able to run several sessions but power was being pulled after 3 or so laps.

Conclusion is that the intake manifold is needed. Without it, there's essentially a bottleneck on the car. The alternative is to not track during extreme heat (which IMO is probably a better solution anyways. lol)

de526S.jpg

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase

The car has every cooling mod possible installed minus the intake manifold. Running map 1 on a JB4 unit so about 400 - 420 hp. Car was able to run several sessions but power was being pulled after 3 or so laps.

Conclusion is that the intake manifold is needed. Without it, there's essentially a bottleneck on the car. The alternative is to not track during extreme heat (which IMO is probably a better solution anyways. lol)

de526S.jpg
Yeah, this is what I was thinking would happen. The heat exchanger might help prevent the car from pulling timing for maybe a few percent longer, but overall the factory intake manifold just isn't cut out for it.

As much as I'd like to not track in hot weather, the season in the Midwest is only 4-5 months long and it's very hot for most of it. After that were snowed in for the rest of the year :(. I'm glad CSF just released their new intake manifold but I'm not sure I'm ready to throw $4k+ at the problem just yet. I can get a lot of HPDEs for that much haha.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)

de526S.jpg
Very nice looking race car!

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Interesting. Good information and beautiful car, BTW. Love the color - that wasn't stock on either year, was it? When you say you have every possible cooling mod, does that include cutting holes in the hood and installing vents for hot air to escape? Something like this: https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...-louver-kit-mk5-toyota-supra-1816?category=57
The car is a 2021 and is black underneath. We wrapped it Avery Cement Grey which is basically Porsche / Audi's Nardo grey (although we're rewrapping it another color as we speak).

The Verus hood louver is a great mod to have but not needed in our case because we're already running the Varis hood.

DWKM7F.jpg
Sponsored