METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
This is really great stuff. An affordable powerhouse solution all under one brand. That’s what I like.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
This is really great stuff. An affordable powerhouse solution all under one brand. That’s what I like.
Nothing else will come close their pricing. I heard the target price they are trying to go for is $3000 for the manifold with port injection, injectors, and reflex.

Last edited:

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Curious, how does one intercooler cool better than another in terms of creating colder air or avoiding heat soak over time? What's the general principle at play? When shopping these, what's the magic sauce that should be compared?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Curious, how does one intercooler cool better than another in terms of creating colder air or avoiding heat soak over time? What's the general principle at play? When shopping these, what's the magic sauce that should be compared?
Core size, flow of coolant, fin gap, materials used, etc.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Its not so much creating "colder" air, although this can happen its generally a question of how long can we keep this temperature within an acceptable range as close to ambient temps as possible (least amount of efficiency loss). Compressing air creates heat, engines create heat, the more power you make the more heat you generate. At a certain point the cooling devices can no longer dissipate that heat faster then its gaining or creating heat. In the case of our intake manifolds it cant remove the heat faster then its being added from the turbo, engine, etc. So once you cross a critical threshold of power + ambient temps, IATs become unacceptable for making efficient/optimal power and power (timing) has to get pulled.

As @zrk said the design and materials can be improved to in short have more surface area and better materials to move heat faster as well as remove more heat. Surface area is king, not only for the air going through the cooler but also surface area of where the water touches the heat conducting or dissipating surfaces.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
We have a custom CSF manifold being returned to our location next week; since it's custom and hard to sell, we will be offering it for lower than my cost. I will post pictures as soon as I receive them.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
We have a custom CSF manifold being returned to our location next week; since it's custom and hard to sell, we will be offering it for lower than my cost. I will post pictures as soon as I receive them.
I'm interested. can you PM me pictures?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I'm interested. can you PM me pictures?
Im still waiting on it to be returned from the customer. It's still brand new in the box.

I will post pictures as soon as I get them back.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Im still waiting on it to be returned from the customer. It's still brand new in the box.

I will post pictures as soon as I get them back.
Understood! Consider me 1st in line please!

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
I run the CSF Manifold and there was a slight design flaw with it and running the 1050x injectors that I run.

I mostly ran it for the port injection system and noticed a slight improvement in cooling in temp numbers. My next upgrade is a new heat exchanger though to lower IATs

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
new heat exchanger though to lower IATs
I've mentioned this a couple of times, but it gets missed. There isn't any strong data to support an upgraded heat exchanger improves IATs, There _is_ however, data on the EOS intake manifold (which is what all the fast race cars are running). The CSF does not. Most race teams have switched to EOS from CSF because of the single vs double pass design of the coolant flow.

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
I've mentioned this a couple of times, but it gets missed. There isn't any strong data to support an upgraded heat exchanger improves IATs, There _is_ however, data on the EOS intake manifold (which is what all the fast race cars are running). The CSF does not. Most race teams have switched to EOS from CSF because of the single vs double pass design of the coolant flow.
You sound pretty anti CSF lol - not opposed. I actually considered switching out my CSF mani for the EOS version - I’ve been trying to improve IATs at the power level I’m at. My IATs on average after around 2 pulls is close to 150F (sometimes even up to 180F). With heat shields for the turbo and intake (tried all types of combos). Need a good mani and heat exchanger to lower them though

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
Can you link me to the comparison #s / chart on the EOS vs CSF? Need to justify my purchase more lol - I can prob get some money back from selling the CSF though

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You sound pretty anti CSF lol - not opposed. I actually considered switching out my CSF mani for the EOS version - I’ve been trying to improve IATs at the power level I’m at. My IATs on average after around 2 pulls is close to 150F (sometimes even up to 180F). With heat shields for the turbo and intake (tried all types of combos). Need a good mani and heat exchanger to lower them though
I'm not anti-CSF, though I know it comes off that way. I have no opposition to their products, they make great shit. I plan on upgrading the whole front end with CSF stuff... eventually. I'm just worried that folks will get a new heat exchanger and be disappointed with results.

I'll seeeeee if I can get the logs from folks that were having high IAT issues with CSF at TX2K, but a lot of these folks keep their logs pretty tight.

I will share this, it's a personal log from a Street Wars event at Great Lakes Dragway a week ago today. DA was around 2400. Low end of the graph is 98 IATs (baking in staging lanes with no fans).

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 16.30.29.png
Sponsored