Intercooler Manifold

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Planning on getting the EOS intercooler manifold Or the CSF intercooler manifold. I can’t decide. What is everyone’s thoughts on these two, Which one would you pick and why.
Sponsored

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
Planning on getting the EOS intercooler manifold Or the CSF intercooler manifold. I can’t decide. What is everyone’s thoughts on these two, Which one would you pick and why.
At first glance they sound about the same, but according to csf
https://csfrace.com/csfs-new-super-manifold-for-a90-91-supra-and-bmw-b58/
It sounds like a whole lot of effort and testing went into it.
Not saying it is better, but looking at that info from CSF it was independently tested, I can remove the oil filter without removing the manifold, it has ports for gauges, vacuum, and/or bleeding, and has an air diverter for more even distribution, and has brackets for installing oem or some aftermarket engine covers.

Now, does the EOS have those features too? Dunno, their website doesn't say much about those. It does look like it does have additional ports for vacuum and gauges. Don't really know about the distribution or how effective the cooling is beyond well it's twice the size of stock so it should definitely cool better and the design looks like it should have a fairly even distribution.

For my money, with all being equal I'm going to go with the company that quantified how much it cooled compared to OEM and also showed the distribution of air. My assumption behind it (whether it is correct or not) is that if they spent that much time into research and testing it's probably a superior product. Especially when they're both priced very similarly.

I probably won't be getting one until next year, so hopefully, by then there are enough real-world reviews out there.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
This one is a tough one. I would love to see an actual flow analysis of these prior to making a choice do you think If you wrote to them they might share one? I’d be curious which has a smoother and less turbulent air flow pattern.
personally I like the EOS but it’s mainly because the outer portion of the manifold on the drivers side has a more streamlined design however that does not necessarily attest to the interior design.

OP
OP
Sikh_Supra

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
At first glance they sound about the same, but according to csf
https://csfrace.com/csfs-new-super-manifold-for-a90-91-supra-and-bmw-b58/
It sounds like a whole lot of effort and testing went into it.
Not saying it is better, but looking at that info from CSF it was independently tested, I can remove the oil filter without removing the manifold, it has ports for gauges, vacuum, and/or bleeding, and has an air diverter for more even distribution, and has brackets for installing oem or some aftermarket engine covers.

Now, does the EOS have those features too? Dunno, their website doesn't say much about those. It does look like it does have additional ports for vacuum and gauges. Don't really know about the distribution or how effective the cooling is beyond well it's twice the size of stock so it should definitely cool better and the design looks like it should have a fairly even distribution.

For my money, with all being equal I'm going to go with the company that quantified how much it cooled compared to OEM and also showed the distribution of air. My assumption behind it (whether it is correct or not) is that if they spent that much time into research and testing it's probably a superior product. Especially when they're both priced very similarly.

I probably won't be getting one until next year, so hopefully, by then there are enough real-world reviews out there.
Yea I messaged EOS about the filter question also and in their newer version of the manifold you can service the car with no issue, that was important to me. The CSF has all the lines on the top which I don’t mind, but the EOS has all the wiring hidden so it looks cleaner. But the engine cover doesn’t fit with the EOS and I don’t want to cut my CF engine cover, but it does look cool half cut. So I’m super torn between the two!