Featured Interviews with Chief Engineer Tetsuya Tada

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by black-supra, Nov 19, 2014.

1. black-supra

black-supra Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Very Fast
    Liked:
    Tada-san_1_rt_004 copy(1).jpg

Got this idea from some other sites I follow. Here's a list of quotes from the engineering lead for the FT1 / Supra - Tetsuya Tada. Maybe every one can help out.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/245671/toyota-supra-nameplate-likely-for-resurrection/

Talking about Toyota president's view on calling a new car Supra.

supraboi and Captain_Kirk like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    black-supra

Car(s):
    Very Fast
    Liked:
    http://blog.toyota.co.uk/tada-talks-bmw-dogs-and-drinking-beer

Talking about collaboration with BMW.

3. OP
    OP
    black-supra

Car(s):
    Very Fast
    Liked:
    http://transport.asiaone.com/news/general/story/toyota-let-loose-two-more-sports-cars-after-86

What's interesting about this quote is the 5 year development period and that Toyota president wants Supra successor asap!

supraboi likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    black-supra

Car(s):
    Very Fast
    Liked:
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/toyota-gt-86-tetsuya-tada-yoshinori-sasaki-2012-08-24?imageNo=01

Tetsuya Tada (chief engineer) talking about wowing people with next sportscar (FT1) with big power, some driver aids, and likely no hybrid technology.

supraboi likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    black-supra

Car(s):
    Very Fast
    Liked:
    http://www.motoring.com.au/news/201...ra-successor-to-remain-rear-wheel-drive-38128

Tada san again. Talking about Supra name, RWD, and vs GT-R.

supraboi likes this.
  6. S O B

S O B Active Member

Car(s):
    Liked:
    These are awesome I've only ever read one of them before. This gotta be my favorite... WOW! :D

"With my next sportscar," explains Tada-san, "I want to make a big... ‘wow'." His arms gesticulate large vortex circles. "Nobody expected us to build something like the GT 86. I want to give the world a shock." Does that mean we are - whisper it - getting a new Supra? He laughs. Quite loudly. "Of course, anything is possible." Sasaki-san also chirrups in. "With the 86, we didn't want to use driver aids - that's the thinking. But new Supra means big power, so we need something for that. It'll be a different avenue of sports car from the GT 86."

7. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka Member

Car(s):
    Too many to list
    Liked:
    Thanks for posting these @black-supra.

Tada is my idol.

GT86-and-Tada.jpg

It's been quiet in last few months though. Speak up Tada san plz.

supraboi, Captain_Kirk and JT like this.
  8. FRS-Man

FRS-Man Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Hot Lava FR-S
    Liked:
    Thanks for posting these, some i've never read before.

9. supraninja

supraninja Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    MKIV Supra
    Liked:
    Tada-san is indeed the man. :respect:

supraboi likes this.
  10. FRS-Man

FRS-Man Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Hot Lava FR-S
    Liked:
    Dont forget Toyoda too. He heads the company but he's a real racing and sportscar enthusiast. The man raced in the 24 hr race at Nurburgring in the LFA.

:bow::headbang:

supraboi likes this.
  11. NeroZ

NeroZ Active Member

Car(s):
    FR-S Release Series 1
    Liked:
    Don't forget Yukihiko Yaguchi who worked on generations I thru IV of the Supra.

From Wikipedia:

After he graduated from the university, Yaguchi took part in an entry exam at Toyota and started to work with the company. One of his first projects was the design of the Toyota Supra. He worked on the Supra Mark 1, Mark 2, Mark 3 and Mark 4. Around 2000 (before the IS F project started) Toyota came up with a car named the Chaser. Yaguchi designed this car as a mix between a luxury car and a very sporty car. The car that resulted had the suspension and the engine of the Supra. This car can now be seen as predecessor of the Lexus IS F.

:bow:

12. OP
    OP
    black-supra

Car(s):
    Very Fast
    Liked:
    We're talking about the top people in Toyota that have an impact on the next Supra though. Is Yaguchi involved too? Would be a cool connection to previous Supras.

13. S O B

S O B Active Member

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Yaguchi also oversaw the design of the IS F.

14. Supraman

Supraman Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    s2000 / Xterra Pro-4X
    Liked:
    Yukihiko Yaguci is the chief engineer of the Lexus RC-F as well. Wouldn't mind if he or Tada-San headed the FT-1 project...heck it would be awesome if both were involved.

15. JohnnyTX

JohnnyTX Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Celica GTS (05)
    Liked:
    I thought Tada was heading up the joint Toyota-BMW (FT-1) project, judging from his comments made about meeting up with the people at BMW.

From one of the quotes above:

“Actually I am flying to Munich after the [Geneva] motor show for discussion about the future cooperation with BMW. We are already discussing what we can do and the potential results of this collaboration. One of the things we learned from our cooperation with Subaru is how to bring these two different cultures together. Something like the GT86 sports car was particularly difficult in terms of collaboration, but what we can take from it is the experience of figuring out how we can get the obstacles to us working together for us. I am hoping that we can leverage this experience when we work with BMW. So just like we bought the GT86 out of our work with Subaru, I am hoping for a synergy effect with BMW that will result in a product that none of us could have imagined; something more than anyone expects. I would like that to be something like a sports car… I would even go so far as to say that for the collaboration to work we have to bring a product which exceeds all these expectations.