Introducing the AWE S-FLO Carbon Intake for the 2020+ GR Supra. Available now.

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
HMMMMMMMM ? like how we do it for our McLaren applications maybe...
Just looked...2800 down to 350 degrees....that's some seriously effective heat shielding/insulation. :oops:?
Sponsored

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
UPDATE:

Received the product today. Packaging is very well done. Carbon fiber looks beautiful. Product looks good. Install very straight forward with a few caveats:

1.) It uses part of the stock intake pipe. It retains the resonator portion right at the turbo inlet that has the PCV hose attached to it. Most of the other aftermarket intakes replace the entire intake portion including where this hose attaches. Bad news in my case is that I have an aftermarket intake on it already that has replaced this part which I have already discarded and do not have in my possession. Therefore at this time I cannot fully install the product until I am able to obtain this part. I was able to test for fitment though. Has the instructions been available to me before order (they just got uploaded to their website) I probably would not have ordered this product because of this.

2.) Fitment is spot on. Fits in the space as designed and fills the whole space. I did get the carbon fiber lid as well and that makes it all that more special and really compliments the engine bay.
A.) It does fit with the Verus turbo shield in place, but does not fit as intended. The turbo shield pushes the aluminum AWE heat shield up and to the passenger side just a little. This throws the fitment off some and the two shield are firmly resting on one another. It makes fitting the carbon fiber lid on difficult and pushes the shield up next to the filter. In short I would say they are NOT compatible but you certainly can make it work, just not ideal.
B.) It DOES fit with the Cusco brace. Plenty of clearance if you have this installed. I do not know about other braces including the 2021 stock brace if you retrofitted to your 2020 or BLITZ/BMS/Facebook one that has engraving.

Hope this helps some of you out. I'll try to give an update on sounds/difference between aftermarket options once I get a stock resonator to fully install the product. Again this I think is a poor design on AWE part as replacing the whole intake pipe would have been a better option for many. HKS/Eventuri/AMS all have carbon fiber options that replace this entire intake and get rid of that bulky stock resonator. MST now has that option too. Wish AWE would have done the same.

PS - Would order from a third party site such as speed industry/FT speed/etc. I ordered directly from AWE and their only shipping option was expensive (113$), where as a lot of these others have free shipping. With a new product like this I just wasn't sure the others would have it in stock/how long it would take to receive so I did get straight from AWE.

Last edited:

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
UPDATE:

Received the product today. Packaging is very well done. Carbon fiber looks beautiful. Product looks good. Install very straight forward with a few caveats:

1.) It uses part of the stock intake pipe. It retains the resonator portion right at the turbo inlet that has the PCV hose attached to it. Most of the other aftermarket intakes replace the entire intake portion including where this hose attaches. Bad news in my case is that I have an aftermarket intake on it already that has replaced this part which I have already discarded and do not have in my possession. Therefore at this time I cannot fully install the product until I am able to obtain this part. I was able to test for fitment though. Has the instructions been available to me before order (they just got uploaded to their website) I probably would not have ordered this product because of this.

2.) Fitment is spot on. Fits in the space as designed and fills the whole space. I did get the carbon fiber lid as well and that makes it all that more special and really compliments the engine bay.
A.) It does fit with the Verus turbo shield in place, but does not fit as intended. The turbo shield pushes the aluminum AWE heat shield up and to the passenger side just a little. This throws the fitment off some and the two shield are firmly resting on one another. It makes fitting the carbon fiber lid on difficult and pushes the shield up next to the filter. In short I would say they are NOT compatible but you certainly can make it work, just not ideal.
B.) It DOES fit with the Cusco brace. Plenty of clearance if you have this installed. I do not know about other braces including the 2021 stock brace if you retrofitted to your 2020 or BLITZ/BMS/Facebook one that has engraving.

Hope this helps some of you out. I'll try to give an update on sounds/difference between aftermarket options once I get a stock resonator to fully install the product. Again this I think is a poor design on AWE part as replacing the whole intake pipe would have been a better option for many. HKS/Eventuri/AMS all have carbon fiber options that replace this entire intake and get rid of that bulky stock resonator. MST now has that option too. Wish AWE would have done the same.

PS - Would order from a third party site such as speed industry/FT speed/etc. I ordered directly from AWE and their only shipping option was expensive (113$), where as a lot of these others have free shipping. With a new product like this I just wasn't sure the others would have it in stock/how long it would take to receive so I did get straight from AWE.
Thanks for detailed pre-install review. Looks like it’s a no-go for me given the mods I already have including resonator delete & Verus heat shield.

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
‘21 Supra Nitro Yellow
UPDATE:

Damn. I was hoping they would replace the whole pipe too. I was coming from a Armaspeed. Now I wonder if you can pair this up with a resonator delete (ex. CTS Turbo)

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Sourced the piece that I need to connect to the turbo inlet, supposed to arrive tomorrow. Will give additional update when installed.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Update - Resonator piece arrived today and was able to install.

Remainder of the install was straight forward. overall fit its spot on, however the rear portion of the heat shield does not have any points of fixation and will tend to bounce around. The intake tube is very tight and helps hold things in place. I'm sure its because of a combination of aftermarket parts that I have on the car including a Pure800 turbo (3d printed intake that they use) and aFe charge pipe but the way things fit is tight and made install a bit more involved then I had anticipated. The way the carbon fiber lid attaches is a good concept but the front/middle piece is very difficult to maneuver around the air filter and is not the best placement/design.

OVERALL: For the price would definitely not recommend. There are far better options out there from what I can tell on the reviews. If you are looking for carbon fiber would look at HKS/Eventuri/AMS/Blitz/Armaspeed all in that range and some even a bit less. Looking at the forums the favorite appears to be MST and they have even replaced the plastic resonator portion in their V2 and those who have version one can even purchase this piece (it does not appear that it would work with this intake as you would have to couple two rubber fittings together to make it work and doubt that would be very secure)

https://speedindustry.com/mst-intake-inlet-gr-supra-20

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Dibs when you get rid of it. lol. I’m serious

any comments on the performance or sound? Most of your comments were about the install

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Dibs when you get rid of it. lol. I’m serious

any comments on the performance or sound? Most of your comments were about the install
I will not be putting on a dyno just to see what performance gains if any from an intake install were so I cannot comment on performance gains. I can data log and look at air intake temps but I doubt it is going to be any cooler than the aFe with the versus turbo heat shield vs this set up with their aluminum heat shield.

Sound is a bit of an improvement over the aFe intake that I had in there in terms of turbo “whoosh”. At WOT it’s hard to hear because I have the AWE exhaust that is fairly loud.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Besides our Perfect Fitment Guarantee, and speculation aside, I'd like to add some things to note.

Our green, dry element filter is bespoke to AWE and developed in partnership with a very high level filter manufacturer here in the USA. The ability to flow, yet trap particulates, is unmatched in this game.

This is a no-gimmick system - no velocity stacks, venturi effects, etc. The numbers speak for themselves. We believe the performance of this product will meet or exceed the needs of most of this market's goals. We have many people running 9-second Audi's with our AWE intakes and exhaust systems designed by the same team who developed this product leveraging the same filter technology and 30 years of industry leading experience.

Carbon simply heat soaks less - Carbon has less heat retention than aluminum or steel. This is why we use it in the intake tube, as well as our box option. Adding to that is our CFD analysis of the air intake path to ensure the most turbulence-free intake design was achieved that met our goals.

If you have any questions, let us know. There is a lot more than meets the eye, as with any AWE product.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Direct replacement for the stock part, so it fits without issues. Replace the cheap looking/feeling resonator plastic piece. Now this completes the set up.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm sorry, but maybe it's because I'm a moron, but I'm not following - why doesn't this fit a 2021? States compatibility on the website with 2020 cars only even when you do a search for 2021 parts. I'm in on this - currently waiting on fabrication of a track edition exhaust and I think this will pair nicely.

Edit: Just a note, but the gentlemen at AWE have been fantastic to work with and John Voss sent me a care package to hold me over for the 40 - 45 day fabrication window for the exhaust. Very cool and made me feel appreciated as a customer. A+++++++++++++++ WOULD DO BUSINESS AGAIN

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I'm sorry, but maybe it's because I'm a moron, but I'm not following - why doesn't this fit a 2021? States compatibility on the website with 2020 cars only even when you do a search for 2021 parts. I'm in on this - currently waiting on fabrication of a track edition exhaust and I think this will pair nicely.

Edit: Just a note, but the gentlemen at AWE have been fantastic to work with and John Voss sent me a care package to hold me over for the 40 - 45 day fabrication window for the exhaust. Very cool and made me feel appreciated as a customer. A+++++++++++++++ WOULD DO BUSINESS AGAIN
My guess is that because the 6 port exhaust manifold on the 2021 makes the figment not work with the aluminum heat shield that they include and is required for mounting the intake pipe and filter. It would seem they would modify this for the 2021 but that could take some time?

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
My guess is that because the 6 port exhaust manifold on the 2021 makes the figment not work with the aluminum heat shield that they include and is required for mounting the intake pipe and filter. It would seem they would modify this for the 2021 but that could take some time?
Yeah, you are on the right track there. We should have a 2021 fitment out in a reasonable time frame. I see a 2021 here now in the R&D bays... hmmm... maybe soon?
Sponsored