Is 50F too cold for the Michelin summer tire?

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Starting to get cold
I imagine 40F or below would require Winter tires
Sponsored

OP
OP

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Thanks. I will need a set of Winter tires for sure
(MN :()
But it also appears the Summer tires need to be stored in a warm location.
Will read other threads on what Winter tires pepple are getting

OP
OP

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Not that hard but expensive sure, and you can also get a set of 18's and proper snow tires for almost the same cost.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I drove my M4 in cold winters on PSS tires when there wasn't snow on the roads. Drove plenty of times and had 0 issues with the tires.

Of course I'd prefer all seasons or winters, but for the few times I drove each winter, I didn't feel a need to spend $1000 on tires.

OP
OP

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Not that hard but expensive sure, and you can also get a set of 18's and proper snow tires for almost the same cost.
Any links to rims and tires for the 18s.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I drove my M4 in cold winters on PSS tires when there wasn't snow on the roads. Drove plenty of times and had 0 issues with the tires.

Of course I'd prefer all seasons or winters, but for the few times I drove each winter, I didn't feel a need to spend $1000 on tires.
Same, got the car in October and drove it through the winter. Obviously wouldn't drive it in the snow or push it when its 30 out but it gets fine from A to B.

OP
OP

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
When I lived in WI, I would always have a second set of (cheap) rims and tires for the cold months. Tirerack is a good source for a rime/tire package.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Pittsburgh area here, already swapped to a set of BFG g-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S tires so I can keep driving until there is snow on the ground.

lowlife

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2004 VW R32
You will be not fine with the michelins, around 40 degrees they will have a significant drop in performance and turn into hockey pucks. My first winter here in Wisconsin, I tried driving my MKIV VW R32 (AWD) in the snow on them and just spun like crazy and when it was dry they felt rock hard and couldn't get any traction. You don't need to store them special or anything just don't drive on them. If they are on the car parked for the winter thats okay.

It looks like tire rack doesn't have anything available yet for the Supra as far as winter wheel and tire packages go. My best suggestion would be find a set of cheap 18s or 17s that fit and then get some winter tires like blizzaks or something else like that if you want to drive in the winter. I personally just have a daily that I use all winter long and my Supra will be put up for the season at the end of October.