👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
The only reason they don't change the ratios is because the Cayman would be far superior to the 911, the need to keep charging mega dollars for the 911 and of thr Cayman had fast and short it would really ruin the non turbo 911s. Porsche has plenty of money to rework the gearing. They just don't want to.
In the most recent episode of The Carmudgeon show Jason claims that Porsche told him the actual issue is a drive by noise emission test that California instituted. Interesting and infuriating if true.
Here’s a link to the episode. He starts in on it at 1:00:38

https://pca.st/episode/96ca8807-b07b-4f85-a61a-015565a0701a?t=3638.0
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Drive by noise is real. It's all of EU mind you, not just CA

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Drive by noise is real. It's all of EU mind you, not just CA
Compare USA Supra sound to EU spec, its like a completly different exhaust on the car lol. If I had US exhaust I probably wouldnt bother changing it to aftermarket coz it sounds sooo mean stock, crakles like mad. EU spec is like puppy that tries to bark compared ?

Last edited:

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
FWIW this is why I sold my 981 GTS. Second gear was like 80 mph...not too much fun aside from track days.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Due to Supra sales and the fact that many of them are still sitting at the dealerships, I can almost guarantee they will add a manual to the Supra.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Due to Supra sales and the fact that many of them are still sitting at the dealerships, I can almost guarantee they will add a manual to the Supra.
I went to look at Supras at a local dealer last Sunday. Two of the four they had outside (in a covered spot) were incredibly dirty and obviously hadn't been touched in a long time. During the time I was there several groups of people came through the lot. Not a single one of them paid any attention to the Supras. They were all there to look at SUVs and trucks.

Attachments

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
can you explain how this is supposed to make sense? genuine question. seems backwards logic to me.
He's assuming the Supra doesnt sell because it doesnt come with a MT, when in reality the amount of people who choose not to buy it specifically because its only AT is such a small part of the community who can even afford the car in the first place.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
He's assuming the Supra doesnt sell because it doesnt come with a MT, when in reality the amount of people who choose not to buy it specifically because its only AT is such a small part of the community who can even afford the car in the first place.
I think you have a point in saying that. The car does have the paddle shift which gets you to manually 'shift' the car.

Now if you're talking about stick shift, rowing gears is might still be the best option for enthusiasts. But it's not as big of a deal as getting the paddle shift as an alternative

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Exactly. You have 20,000 internet turds whining and crying how "they would buy a Supra if it had a manual" and 19,999 of them need to buy their Wonder Bread with a credit card. If a manual was financially viable, it would have one.

kaiv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46, E39
It's amusing how regardless of forum and marque, in MT threads there's always that one guy with the auto that has to let everyone know how much better and faster his auto his.

Look man, we're really happy for you that you're enjoying your car but what exactly are you trying to achieve here? You have a blue Supra, do you also go in the red thread to remind the guys there how great blue is?

Nobody is bashing you or criticizing your choice btw (unlike you).

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's amusing how regardless of forum and marque, in MT threads there's always that one guy with the auto that has to let everyone know how much better and faster his auto his.

Look man, we're really happy for you that you're enjoying your car but what exactly are you trying to achieve here? You have a blue Supra, do you also go in the red thread to remind the guys there how great blue is?

Nobody is bashing you or criticizing your choice btw (unlike you).
Are you talking to me? If so, who am I bashing or criticizing exactly? Bunch of internet turds who crap on the Supra any chance they get? Why, are you one of them?
All I said was if it was financially viable for Toyota, they'd have put a manual option in the thing :dunno:

Last edited:

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Everyone says they must have a manual until you’re stuck in gridlock on the interstate. That or when you're granny shifting and an auto gaps you. ?

-RJM
“You almost had me? You never had me.....you never had your car. Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should.”

Sorry I had to. Lol

All jokes aside, people who’ve been to the track in high horsepower cars know that autos allow you to concentrate more on other things while being faster.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
“You almost had me? You never had me.....you never had your car. Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should.”

Sorry I had to. Lol

All jokes aside, people who’ve been to the track in high horsepower cars know that autos allow you to concentrate more on other things while being faster.
Exactly right.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.