👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
#Oldnews

#Makeithappenalreadytoyota
#youcheapaf
Sponsored

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Pretty much everyone here wants a manual
Not according to Toyota, they met with Supra owners and apparently they only cared about a turbo inline 6 and nothing else lol.

Everyone of those owners wanted a manual transmission with their inline 6 turbo engine, they just didn't think they had to spell it out to Toyota.

It feels like one of those bad genie jokes where someone wishes for something like being the richest person alive and then his wish gets granted because everyone else is dead now and he's technically the richest person alive...

corry29

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ハチロク
If anything, we'll probably have to end up waiting for the refreshed/revised model of the a90 Supra to see the tradition 3 pedal manual transmission variant. So upon release, us here in the US will probably only have the automatragic option, along with other markets that is not Japan or RHD

Toyota will probably offer the transmission exclusively in Japan first to see how the sales go, and if it's successful, then they'll probably contemplate on bringing it to the US or other LHD markets.

That's my educated guess

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll believe it when I see it. Sorry to sound like such a skeptic, but this isn’t the first time I’ve heard something promising from Toyota about the MKV only to be disappointed by a follow-up review.

We shall wait and see...

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
If anything, we'll probably have to end up waiting for the refreshed/revised model of the a90 Supra to see the tradition 3 pedal manual transmission variant. So upon release, us here in the US will probably only have the automatragic option, along with other markets that is not Japan or RHD

Toyota will probably offer the transmission exclusively in Japan first to see how the sales go, and if it's successful, then they'll probably contemplate on bringing it to the US or other LHD markets.

That's my educated guess
I like that line of thinking... Given Au pretty much get the Japan variants ;)

zakira

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(

That's my educated guess
I doubt they'll offer the MT in Japan at all. There's almost no market for it over there.

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
i think he was talking about 2 different things. MT and RHD. there is a PERIOD between both sentences

":....there is hardware ready. Right-hand drive? Yes, of course."

especially since this is an Aussie magazine

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
S....6....5....3 :bow:

cebesius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AP1 S2000, NB Miata 5MT, GL Mazda6 6MT
I wrote to the Toyota Customer Experience Center the other day to try to make a case for offering a manual transmission on the new Supra, and to be a point of data in their system. Here is the response I received (personal information redacted):

Dear [redacted],
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc.
We appreciate your inquiry into the Toyota Supra.
Toyota is developing a new Supra with a manual transmission. Please go to pressroom.toyota.com
for further information.
Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,

[redacted]
Toyota Customer Experience Center​

This seems encouraging. Nevertheless, I can't help but seize on the word "developing", which seems to have been carefully chosen. Note that there is no statement about bringing such a car to market, when it might be available, where it might be available, etc.

I would love to get one of these, but only if I can get it with a manual transmission. In my view, it's a quintessential part of what makes driving a car fun. It should especially be an option in a sports car where fun should be a priority. I hope they follow through.

Last edited:

zakira

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(
Well the whole car is still being developed, so developing is the correct word. I think that's 100% that a manual will be offered.

JP_Supra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I wrote to the Toyota Customer Experience Center the other day to try to make a case for offering a manual transmission on the new Supra, and to be a point of data in their system. Here is the response I received (personal information redacted):

Dear [redacted],
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc.
We appreciate your inquiry into the Toyota Supra.
Toyota is developing a new Supra with a manual transmission. Please go to pressroom.toyota.com
for further information.
Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,

[redacted]
Toyota Customer Experience Center​

This seems encouraging. Nevertheless, I can't help but seize on the word "developing", which seems to have been carefully chosen. Note that there is no statement about bringing such a car to market, when it might be available, where it might be available, etc.

I would love to get one of these, but only if I can get it with a manual transmission. In my view, it's a quintessential part of what makes driving a car fun. It should especially be an option in a sports car where fun should be a priority. I hope they follow through.
If they actually make the right choice and offer it on Day 1, i'm absolutely sold on it! @AnyoneWorkingForToyota

diss7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A4, GT86, 997, TE27
This is all Chinese whispers at this point.

Assistant engineer with broken / no English, contradicting head engineer / company line.

Claims of multiple reports as if that’s evidence in itself.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.