👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I checked the difference in weight between manual and 8ZF on few BMW models and on average it appears manual is lighter around ~20kg (~45lbs), but thats just going over some interent specs, can be different on the Supra.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
...but wait, there’s more. ;):D

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
God damn it don't be cagey with us just spit it out!!
As much as I would love to, I gotta respect Toyota and their business....especially during these hard times for automakers. I will say this....my “source” has recently joined SupraMKV :thumbsup:.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
No worries! Then your “source” will at least hear our concerns directly as a fly on the wall and maybe that will keep getting back to Toyota ; )

I know we’ll find out before long, lol. I’m happy that you sound excited because that suggests maybe there are some good things in store : )

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
As much as I would love to, I gotta respect Toyota and their business....especially during these hard times for automakers. I will say this....my “source” has recently joined SupraMKV :thumbsup:.
Manual and a GRMN version. I mean, you've pretty much already spilled the beans... ;)

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
At this point I would just like to see how the Supra separates itself from the upcoming M2 with the GRMN and 6mt models. Especially if the GRMN or 6mt models have limited production, there is little reason for a perspective buyer to pay a premium and markup over an M2. Although I am not a perspective 6mt buyer, I am a perspective GRMN buyer and there is no way I would pay a premium over an M2 for a car that will perform within a margin or error.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At this point I would just like to see how the Supra separates itself from the upcoming M2 with the GRMN and 6mt models. Especially if the GRMN or 6mt models have limited production, there is little reason for a perspective buyer to pay a premium and markup over an M2. Although I am not a perspective 6mt buyer, I am a perspective GRMN buyer and there is no way I would pay a premium over an M2 for a car that will perform within a margin or error.
Imagine a beefy manual, beefy diff, beefy axles, beefy brakes (6 pots), and maybe a nice active aero spoiler. That would surely make the Supra stand out from it’s closest competition. Ehh...we all day dream :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.