šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Imagine a beefy manual, beefy diff, beefy axles, beefy brakes (6 pots), and maybe a nice active aero spoiler. That would surely make the Supra stand out from itā€™s closest competition. Ehh...we all day dream :)
How will that make the Supra stand apart from the competition with those changes when the M2 will likely have the same upgrades?
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
How will that make the Supra stand apart from the competition with those changes when the M2 will likely have the same upgrades?
For me it would, not sure about anyone else. Again, we can all day dream.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Imagine a beefy manual, beefy diff, beefy axles, beefy brakes (6 pots), and maybe a nice active aero spoiler. That would surely make the Supra stand out from itā€™s closest competition. Ehh...we all day dream :)
What is the Supra's closest compeition? So far, it's just the M2 and Cayman.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
...but wait, thereā€™s more. ;):D
At this rate I almost feel like we should expect a Targa for 2023.

As bad as I want Refraction Blue I'm waiting to see if I can get a manual and what else comes next. Would be nice if someone could clue us in on color options for next year though... seems like we knew about the blue early last year. Hoping it becomes a standard color.... also hoping they add one of BMW's purples to the list.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
For me it would, not sure about anyone else. Again, we can all day dream.
That doesn't address what I said at all.

Again, why would someone (which in this case is me) buy a GRMN or 6mt Supra sold at a premium over a similarly equipped M2 that is ready on hand?

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90

Again, why would someone (which in this case is me) buy a GRMN or 6mt Supra sold at a premium over a similarly equipped M2 that is ready on hand?
I traded in an M2 for my Supra and haven't looked back although there are some days I miss the 6spd

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I traded in an M2 for my Supra and haven't looked back although there are some days I miss the 6spd
I would say the current M2 isn't as good as people give it credit for. But I am referring to the next gen M2 coming out in 2022 which will be even better than the current M2 and will likely add onto what Toyota and BMW learned when developing the Supra and Z4.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Donā€™t buy a MKV....hehe. Looks like your wanting a Lambo for Toyota money.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Donā€™t buy a MKV....hehe. Looks like your wanting a Lambo for Toyota money.
I don't know why you treat every disagreement like a personal attack. I am just asking a question.

No I want a Toyota that doesn't cost more than an equivalent BMW.

I know the BestCarJP rumors should be taken with a grain of salt and most likely are not true, but let's travel down that road for a second. If a GRMN Supra is $112k before markups (which well exceeds "Toyota money"), why would I buy it over a similarly equipped M2 which will probably be in the $65k-$70k range?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why you treat every disagreement like a personal attack. I am just asking a question.

No I want a Toyota that doesn't cost more than an equivalent BMW.

I know the BestCarJP rumors should be taken with a grain of salt and most likely are not true, but let's travel down that road for a second. If a GRMN Supra is $112k before markups (which well exceeds "Toyota money"), why would I buy it over a similarly equipped M2 which will probably be in the $65k-$70k range?
No no, not treating it like a personal attack at all, donā€™t even go in that direction....I know you like steering folks into arguments so please donā€™t try that with me, again.

All I'm saying, is that your hoping for way more than what Toyota/BMW can offer you before the car starts costing more than a car above a Supraā€™s category costs....if that makes sense. In other words, I wouldnā€™t get my hopes up for a M4-geared-Supra that costs less than an M2.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
No no, not treating it like a personal attack at all, donā€™t even go in that direction....I know you like steering folks into arguments so please donā€™t try that with me, again.

All I'm saying, is that your hoping for way more than what Toyota/BMW can offer you before the car starts costing more than a car above a Supraā€™s category costs....if that makes sense. In other words, I wouldnā€™t get my hopes up for a M4-geared-Supra that costs less than an M2.
What am I hoping for? I just asked how the Supra and M2 will be differentiated. I never asked for anything, just asking questions to someone who is implying they know what is coming.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What am I hoping for? I just asked how the Supra and M2 will be differentiated. I never asked for anything, just asking questions to someone who is implying they know what is coming.
Well, YOU did ask:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Well, YOU did ask:
There is no need to be obtuse, let's just have a conversation. I never asked for anything performance wise or price wise. Of course I asked questions, but you're putting words in my mouth about what my expectations are for future Supra variants when I have not mentioned any expectations here. I just want to understand the business strategy and marketing behind two similar low volume coupes in today's market.

Status
Not open for further replies.