👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Mustang GT; Past: E92 335i
Give it a few hours and the mods will move the posts to the correct threads
I think you are completely over analyzing the market for these cars with your M2 vs Supra obsession. Sports cars are emotional purchases but you are objectively comparing them like they are crossovers...or kitchen appliances. I would buy a Supra over an M2 for the looks alone.

Btw, regarding the new M2, I do not believe it will get the S58 engine like the M3/4 and Supra GRMN. History has shown entry level M cars get tuned standard BMW engines a la 1M coupe (N54) and original M2 (N55). The M2C getting the S55 only happened because of new European emissions regulations the N55 didn't meet. And have you seen the new 2 series coupe? It looks ugly as hell imo. The current car is much better...

attachment.jpg

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I think you are completely over analyzing the market for these cars with your M2 vs Supra obsession. Sports cars are emotional purchases but you are objectively comparing them like they are crossovers...or kitchen appliances. I would buy a Supra over an M2 for the looks alone.

Btw, regarding the new M2, I do not believe it will get the S58 engine like the M3/4 and Supra GRMN. History has shown entry level M cars get tuned standard BMW engines a la 1M coupe (N54) and original M2 (N55). The M2C getting the S55 only happened because of new European emissions regulations the N55 didn't meet. And have you seen the new 2 series coupe? It looks ugly as hell imo. The current car is much better...

attachment.jpg
Of course I am over analyzing this, depending on the scenario its rather a really good or rather annoying trait of mine. I am pretty sure a big contingency of the partnership is having sports cars that don't compete with one another which is why I think it is important.

We also don't know if the Supra will have an S58 either.

As for appearance, I think it is impossible to judge without seeing the real production car.

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Don’t hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.