ToyoBimmer

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra GR GTS
Hi All,

I have just made the most impulsive purchase of my entire life, a Dec 2019 Le Mans Blue GTS, first registered in Sep 2020. I have sat in one, but never driven one, so bowled over am I by the look of this car.

What really drew my attention was that it is ostensibly a BMW Z4 in Toyota clothing. Do people agree with me that history is going to judge this car as a collectible/classic because of the demise of the combustion engine and the fact that Toyota has created this car so collaboratively with BMW? I’m hoping so and wonder how this car may appreciate if I still own it in 20yrs with very few mods and low kilometres?

Mine is not the 2020 upgrade which I see as a plus because the ECU is not all locked up.

Any recommendations on the best wind deflectors to beat the buffeting issue and I would also like to fatten the grip on the steering wheel.

And one more thing please: what is the best way to tweak the audio system to work with Apple Car Play.

Thanks in advance.

James
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Set me see those bad boys

Reactions: zrk

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
In regards to wind deflectors, I’m partial to the AWE Foilers. Not sure what shipping might be for you though.

Reactions: zrk

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Do people agree with me that history is going to judge this car as a collectible/classic because of the demise of the combustion engine
I dont understand this sentiment. As long as I've been alive (I'm 32 so was just a talking sperm when the viper came out) people have been saying they will never make cars like this again, too fast for the road or blah blah blah) and now we have cars twice as fast and still getting faster.

At some point you'd think the FOMO sales argument would have lost steam.

It worked great for the Hellcat. "There will never be another 700 HP car! This is madness! Buy it now!"

and then next year they have 800 HP. Oops!

Eyooo, look at sports cars that were new 20 years ago and see what you think.

Toyota has all different kinds of car in their dealer, BMW, Subaru, Mazda, Lexus. Look at any maker and you will see they are all huge conglomerates working together.

I predict this car will age in 20 years like a stealth/3000gt or maybe a ford jag (xk?) Enjoy it now lol.