GR Supra resale values: Is the Supra gonna depreciate like the germans? / Expected Depreciation

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
So I am not sure what you are trying to say. The guy in the video bought the supra used for $47K and $51K OTD used and I think is a good deal depending where you are. I have not seen a used one for less than $50K where I live. So for Carvana to offer me $51.8K for mine I think is crazy! How much are they planning to sell it for and make a profit?
Doesn’t Carvana usually charge like $2K extra not including shipping charges? The other day I saw one on Carvana that looked like a great deal only to find out it was a striped down base mode for the price of a premium model.
Sponsored

Frosty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2016 Ford F150, 1993 Ford Mustang GT
Doesn’t Carvana usually charge like $2K extra not including shipping charges? The other day I saw one on Carvana that looked like a great deal only to find out it was a striped down base mode for the price of a premium model.
From what I've been told the seller doesn't pay squat other than collecting the check. The buyer may have to pay for delivery of the vehicle, plus taxes and all applicable fees.

My Supra is a based model so that makes it even more crazy.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
So I am not sure what you are trying to say. The guy in the video bought the supra used for $47K and $51K OTD used and I think is a good deal depending where you are. I have not seen a used one for less than $50K where I live. So for Carvana to offer me $51.8K for mine I think is crazy! How much are they planning to sell it for and make a profit?
I'm trying to say what he paid for it. :rolleyes:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Carvana is burning through venture capital to gain market share, not necessarily to make a profit.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Had a guy appraise an A90 a few weeks ago, offered him $44k. Prem with DAP.

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium as my daily driver, but the thing that is holding me back is the depreciation. I normally like to buy cars that don't depreciate much, so the total cost of ownership is low. Right now it looks like the Supras are selling at or above MSRP which is crazy.

However, for those that are going to hold onto their Supras for the next few years, what do you think a Supra 3.0 Premium with 36k miles and 3 years old will be worth? Depreciation of $5-10k is something I could stomach, but not more. I'd normally buy a limited edition version, but the A91-CF version isn't worth it (also I hate the two tone interior).

Thanks for your thoughts,
Jimmy

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I predict the 2020's will hold their value more than the 2021's+ due to the oil consumption issues and the fact that they aren't tuneable. Only time will tell.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing that'll be "holding" is me onto my car lol. Fuck the value whether it's good or bad. I've had no complaints about the car whatsoever. Always looking forward to driving it whenever i get a chance. Been a Supra fan since i was a kid even before fast and the furious made it popular. My first car was a mkiii supra lol

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The only year/color that'll go for the money is a 2020 Downshift blue. 1 year color and it only came in 2020 so the car is tuneable and also only came in 3.0(base or premium)

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Have you looked at the Salvage Registry? That alone will keep the MK5 from steep depreciation. They’re dropping like flies.

If you put 15K miles per year on a Supra I will be impressed. It will take me 7 years to hit 36K miles.

-RJM

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
Arguably, the low volume might help it keep some value, but it depends on how long Toyota keeps selling it for, if the next generation is an EV or something, and how many are lost to accidents. I think long-term, there's going to be a tuning solution for 2021+, even if it's a few years out.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
First of all, it’s a Toyota, no matter how you put it. Second, if you love the car, who cares about the deappreciation. Buy the car and enjoy it. If your one of these you tubers who just want to buy it and mod it and then sell it in a few months, then okay…. Lol

dogfm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
Look at the guaranteed final value on the Finance deals Toyota offer with a three year term using your expected annual mileage - it should be more than that.

Or just buy one and enjoy it , if the environmentals get their way we will be eating mung beans and cycling everywhere before you know it ?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I predict the 2020's will hold their value more than the 2021's+ due to the oil consumption issues and the fact that they aren't tuneable. Only time will tell.
I think that’s true (maybe) for private sellers, but not for a trade in. So, it depends.
Sponsored