GR Supra resale values: Is the Supra gonna depreciate like the germans? / Expected Depreciation

GarGaMeL05

First Name
Nam N.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91 CF Edition
In my opinion, the price is dropping not because way it is. If current market was as it was in 2019 spring/summer, all 2020 supra could've been sold out and people may not had to give it up. However, car sales are way down in current market (Covid-19) due to economic crisis. So dealers have high inventory as well as 2021 models are coming in soon. They need to clear the lot for new inventory for perhaps for more practical cars which will sell. Hence dealers may not order as many 2021 models and we may not see any discount like what we see today on 2021 models. So the current price doesn't represent depreciation but more like market value. who knows, the used supra price may stay as is 'til next year.
Agreed!!!
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Odd. Carmax, a company that likes to move cars quickly, has a number of 2020s and the are all at or above $49k. And even more strange, this is a couple hundred buck less than what they are selling new ones for (albeit, there is the rebate driving that price down).
I always thought they were overpriced. :dunno:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
this guy is a moron. He lost $14,000 because he is a dumbass.......... A lot of these people shouldnā€™t be buying a $60k+ car with what their making........

Last edited:

Azure

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for Supra
I was going to say this guy would make that money right back with the youtube video. But it only has 70 views.... Couldn't he have sold this easily for a lot more? (I didnt watch the video to see if it was in an accident or had a ton of miles)

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I was going to say this guy would make that money right back with the youtube video. But it only has 70 views.... Couldn't he have sold this easily for a lot more? (I didnt watch the video to see if it was in an accident or had a ton of miles)
looks like he works for a Honda dealership and was laid off. The LE only had around 500 miles. He was hoping to drive the car for free and then sell it back to make back his money.

Azure

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for Supra
looks like he works for a Honda dealership and was laid off. The LE only had around 500 miles. He was hoping to drive the car for free and then sell it back to make back his money.
damn I bet he could have gotten 45k privately. I would have paid more than 35k haha

Supra CRNA

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR, 2006 Mitsu Lancer Evo 9 RS
kinda like the stock market these days. A lot is about perceived worth and how much loss one is willing to take. I held onto lots of my stocks especially during low points last year, I am still netting 15% gains as of today. Made a pretty penny holding onto bitcoin. Same thing with the Supra, donā€™t take the depreciation hit now especially during a tough time in the economy, wait it out a bit if you can. Enjoy the car.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Usually cars that sell way under MSRP donā€™t hold value with the exception of a few cars.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Usually cars that sell way under MSRP donā€™t hold value with the exception of a few cars.
But they end up appreciating back to MSRP or above 10 years later with low miles... (S2000, NSX, etc were barely selling their final years)
Sponsored