GR Supra resale values: Is the Supra gonna depreciate like the germans? / Expected Depreciation

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
The Supra is no different than most cars. Early buyers pay more and loose more for the privilege of having a brand new model first.

At the end of the day anyone who buys at a fair discount will probably do OK as far as depreciation.

Some ICE cars have a chance to become desirable or collectable in the far future when EVs become the norm. The Supra is not made in any real volume. A Supra "might" have a chance as a future collectable. Mostly because EVs are so close in the horizon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
The $10K off is on left over 2020 models which are over a year old.
2020s aside, people are still getting $7k-$8k off on both the 2.0 and 3.0 2021s.

They couldn't give away the NSX or S2000's towards the end of life. Lack of sales now isn't at all an indicator of future value (unless we're talking about serious garbage like the Acura ZDX or whatever that crossover was called).
Right, same thing with the A80 Supra as well. Another differences we have to factor in is production numbers and how many ended up in the junkyard. As many said earlier in the thread this will probably have a big impact as well. We shall see.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Right now everyone is just guessing this and that. I think we'll have a better idea once 2026 comes and we see how many of these Toyota has actually produced.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I think some people just want the value to hit rock bottom so they can pick one up in the used market for pennies on the dollar. ?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I think some people just want the value to hit rock bottom so they can pick one up in the used market for pennies on the dollar. ?
yeah bc most of people can’t afford an a90.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I just did a kbb on my car and private party value was 48k-53k on my premium 2020. To me this is normal depreciation. Hopefully it will hold up well.

joshthorsc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra
IMO, I don't think the Supra will depreciate as bad as a typical German vehicle. I don't see it holding it's value like most Toyota vehicles tend to do either. Now it will also depends on how many mkv supras are sold at the end of it's life cycle. Of course the rarest mkv edition will hold it's value the most. I personally think that the sales will begin to fall after 2021 and slowly decline. Probably a good thing if you want the mkv Supra to retain some value and rarity.

Last edited:

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300