Is there 3" depth for a subwoofer replacement?

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm considering replacing the stock subs with these:

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=392294737167

But they need about 3" clearance below. I was also thinking that if not enough clearance, perhaps I could top-mount them on a circular wooden pedestal high enough to clear whatever is under the stock speakers?

I know a lot of owners hate the stock subs - I sure do.

A sound expert I consulted with recommended those as very good 8" replacements.. I also purchased a lot of materials recommended here for sound deadening, vibration fixes, fibre box lining, etc..

Gotta fix this- it's so BAD!

TY

mb8.jpg
Sponsored

Jason In2details

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Yellow
watch my video tearing the back interior out. I dont think there is 3 inches. If you mounted the subs up where the speaker grill you might have enough space but the volume of air would be at most .25 cube foot.
my stereo build

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Must be less 2.5" depth to fit in OE enclosure....

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
You can mount them inverted and wire backwards (positive to negative etc.) Seen it done in vehicles with boxes challenged for airspace. Creates some interesting conversation as well. Get a good seal on the inverted mount and they will sound good.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
You can mount them inverted and wire backwards (positive to negative etc.) Seen it done in vehicles with boxes challenged for airspace. Creates some interesting conversation as well. Get a good seal on the inverted mount and they will sound good.
My wife declined my suggestion of an inverted mount. But, perhaps as Valentineā€™s Day is near, I could try again.

OP
OP

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Iā€™d recommend disabling the ASD before changing out the sub.
if youā€™re unaware, itā€™s the unit that pipes in engine noise into the audio system. Disconnecting it stopped the sound of sport mode, but greatly improved audio quality.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/any-side-affects-of-disabling-asd-with-bimmercode.5894/
TYVM, this is all very complex!

I wonder- is there an accessible "RCA-Level" subwoofer, or stereo signal I can easily get access to?
Sponsored