Issues with front bushes

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Just wondering if anyone had to change there front bushes yet, my friends bushes have become very soft and are possibly creating uneven tyre wear. Is he on his own or are there more people out there with the issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
A lot of people have swapped out the suspension arms/bushings, usually to SPL. Most have done it to improve feedback/feel or increase their alignment adjustment range, I haven't heard of anybody who did it because their stock bushings had failed.

I find it hard to believe that a 2 year old car would have bushings that are already so worn out it's affecting tire wear. Did your friend ever get an alignment or is he still running it how it came from the factory? Factory alignments are pretty poor, the uneven wear could just be from that rather than worn out bushings.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I find it hard to believe that a 2 year old car would have bushings that are already so worn out it's affecting tire wear. Did your friend ever get an alignment or is he still running it how it came from the factory? Factory alignments are pretty poor, the uneven wear could just be from that rather than worn out bushings.
Agreed, but keep in mind the roads in parts of the UK can be much worse condition than here in the states.

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
Depends on what kind of bushes we’re talking about. If we’re talking about bushes around my house, I do my own landscaping, Tim Allen in Home Improvement style, when they look like they need to be replaced and they end up looking like new. Or at least presentable.

Now, if we’re talking about the bush down below… (😉) I have grooming tools for that too so, no replacing necessary, even though I have no idea how that would work… #landscaper 😂

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Whenever my friends become too soft, I Insult them to harden them up a bit. Then we trim our bushes with a decent hedge clipper, to maintain balance and avoid HOA fines.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Depends on what kind of bushes we’re talking about. If we’re talking about bushes around my house, I do my own landscaping, Tim Allen in Home Improvement style, when they look like they need to be replaced and they end up looking like new. Or at least presentable.

Now, if we’re talking about the bush down below… (😉) I have grooming tools for that too so, no replacing necessary, even though I have no idea how that would work… #landscaper 😂
Optical inch for the win. 🤣

-RJM

OP
OP
Mark-in-Stoke

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
A lot of people have swapped out the suspension arms/bushings, usually to SPL. Most have done it to improve feedback/feel or increase their alignment adjustment range, I haven't heard of anybody who did it because their stock bushings had failed.

I was reading on the powerflex site that BMWs in particular can get through bushes pretty quickly and 2yrs isn't unusual, saying this my friend is having more checks done.

Cue the bush jokes