JB4 caused limp mode and then no-start

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
Just had quite a scare on the day after I got the NHTSA safety recall taken care of when I plugged my JB4 back in. Overall, things seemed fine, but after about 10 miles car went into limp mode, I drove it home and parked to figure out what was going on.

A few minutes later I tried to restart and it would turn over for about a second and then stop. I put on my OBD2 scanner, and the code was “Short B+ on EWG Sensor”. Since I have the JB4 EWG connection, I decided to see if uninstalling JB4 would help, and I took the whole thing out, which fixed the whole issue.

I don’t know if the new ecu software is somehow incompatible or maybe something actually happened with the EWG connector itself, but that was a bit of a scare.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Just had quite a scare on the day after I got the NHTSA safety recall taken care of when I plugged my JB4 back in. Overall, things seemed fine, but after about 10 miles car went into limp mode, I drove it home and parked to figure out what was going on.

A few minutes later I tried to restart and it would turn over for about a second and then stop. I put on my OBD2 scanner, and the code was “Short B+ on EWG Sensor”. Since I have the JB4 EWG connection, I decided to see if uninstalling JB4 would help, and I took the whole thing out, which fixed the whole issue.

I don’t know if the new ecu software is somehow incompatible or maybe something actually happened with the EWG connector itself, but that was a bit of a scare.
That happens when the EWG connector isn't seated properly. There are a handful of harnesses that left BMS not all the way 'clicked in' causing issues with the EWG. I'm a little surprised that's the only code you got, actualy. I'd expect something about 'Wategate out of Tolerance' or something as well.

Eitherway, if you take the EWG connection harness and 'squeeze' the connection (JB4 harness into the connector on the JB4 harness) in tightly it should resolve the issue.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Sounds like an install issue, review the install and make sure all sensors are connected properly.

The software version does not make any difference when it comes to piggybacks, only flash tunes
Sponsored