JB4, e85, and downpipe questions

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I’ve been doing a lot of research on these 3 mods together and I see a lot of different answers that confuse me a bit. I don’t have any power goals, I just want more for what I want to spend right now. I just want to know if I slap a downpipe, jb4 and whatever mixture of e85 I would need, will everything work fine with the jb4? If not, what do I need to add/change? What ethanol blend would I need to use and should I get a flex fuel kit? I just want to learn as much as possible before I proceed with anything. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated as well, thank you for any help offered.
Sponsored

bgneon

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition #1027
Thanks for posting, I am interested in what replies you get. I am currently running the JB4 Map 3 with a downpipe and looking to run E85. The JB4 does read the catless DP error code and you can temporarily remove the check engine light on the dash, liked stated above.

I think Map 5 would be the correct map to use if when running E85 gas (but not 100% sure of that and was thinking of messaging Burger to find out). Also have the same question the % of E85.

Flex fuel kit is so you can read what ethanol % your at.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
If you are using JB4 you should be active on that forum. They have a b58 section

there is a new firmware out that terry says we should be running.
He is also saying that map 3 is the “top” map right now but that everyone should compare logs between 3-5

I updated to firmware 17 today. Have not splashed corn yet, and haven’t run another log yet.
I’m honestly having trouble getting the power to the pavement.

OP
OP

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Would I be better off doing bm3 or mhd? Even locked ecu’s can be flashed now right? All I care about is being able to go back to stock for warranty purposes

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
They can not crack the recent ECU yet.
One of the reasons I went JB4
Bm3 and ecutek require bench crack. The crack is more detectable than a jb4 or other piggy back.
You can download mhd back end flashed w jb4
Sponsored