JB4 Help

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Can anybody point me in the right direction? A customer of mine recently bought a used JB4 for his A91, but the module is still linked to the previous account. We tried every necessary way to unlock it to the point that we've consulted with the previous owner. He's done everyhing he can on his side to try and unlink the account with the module but no dice. I've been trying to reach out to the BMS support team but no response... i've sent 3 emails out to them, nothing in return. I've even resulted to making an account for N54 tech to try and reach out to some of the guys at BMS, nothing. Does anyone have any pointers that can guide me in the right direction to getting this situation resolved...? The guy has been rolling around untuned with the JB4 module completely hooked up and routed, but no tune loaded because "kit not owned", he's been staring at his check engine light for a few to the point where it bothers me, and i'm not even the owner.
Sponsored

fokai

First Name
Kini
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
If I recall all you have to do is on the JB4 app, register with a new email address and password and it should let you in. I purchased the
Can anybody point me in the right direction? A customer of mine recently bought a used JB4 for his A91, but the module is still linked to the previous account. We tried every necessary way to unlock it to the point that we've consulted with the previous owner. He's done everyhing he can on his side to try and unlink the account with the module but no dice. I've been trying to reach out to the BMS support team but no response... i've sent 3 emails out to them, nothing in return. I've even resulted to making an account for N54 tech to try and reach out to some of the guys at BMS, nothing. Does anyone have any pointers that can guide me in the right direction to getting this situation resolved...? The guy has been rolling around untuned with the JB4 module completely hooked up and routed, but no tune loaded because "kit not owned", he's been staring at his check engine light for a few to the point where it bothers me, and i'm not even the owner.
If I recall when I had my JB4, all you have to do is have your customer purchase the JB4 app, then open the app register and enter his email address/password and he should be able to open up the app, connect the odbc connector and sync app with cell or ipad. The account is only used for the app only and once you register a new user it links that account to app. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall all you have to do is on the JB4 app, register with a new email address and password and it should let you in. I purchased the

If I recall when I had my JB4, all you have to do is have your customer purchase the JB4 app, then open the app register and enter his email address/password and he should be able to open up the app, connect the odbc connector and sync app with cell or ipad. The account is only used for the app only and once you register a new user it links that account to app. Hope this helps.
We've tried, the bluetooth connect fails pairing and ends up popping a "kit not owned" message... the module is still associated with the previous account from the looks of it.

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
to solve on to save you time you could have asked the previous owner to give you the password and hopefully it will link to the car app and you can access the app. And from there you can change the password and unlink the car and link to your new car.
Or you can give a shout out to @DaBears he is a tuner for my JB4 with custom map and I'm very happy with him, check him out and see if he can help you out.

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
to solve on to save you time you could have asked the previous owner to give you the password and hopefully it will link to the car app and you can access the app. And from there you can change the password and unlink the car and link to your new car.
Or you can give a shout out to @DaBears he is a tuner for my JB4 with custom map and I'm very happy with him, check him out and see if he can help you out.
We did consult the previous owner, we were trying to go about unlocking the module some how because he's about 2 hours away from where my shops located. I also don't want any information regarding his account because people tend to use the same email and password for everything so to protect him and his privacy, we're avoiding that route. ?? Thank you, i'll be messaging @DaBears.

oh, and we've tried using his custom PIN and the default PIN number for the JB4, nadda.
Sponsored