JB4 Issues

andrewtrxnn

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Toyota Supra 3.0
I recently bought a EWG so I installed it onto the car, after starting the car i got the code of lean fuel mixture. 118001 Mixture ECU: mixture too lean. I did have to take off my intake etc so i might just have to retighten it. I did start the car on map 6 while running 91 octane and i backed up out my driveway if that makes any difference. Also my fuel went up after if that makes sense, I was at 160 range and my car popped all the way up to 300. did i install something wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP
andrewtrxnn

andrewtrxnn

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Toyota Supra 3.0
Check intake
EWG certain wonā€™t cause this

start back at map zero
i cleared the code and have been driving it so far nothing popped back up, iā€™m guessing maybe because i started and drove it a bit on map 6 it caused the code to pop up. now my CEL for my catless downpipes disappeared tho, iā€™m not sure if i installed it incorrectly but iā€™m positive i didnā€™t. Everything seems perfect to me minus these weird problems like my range resetting to 300 but maybe thatā€™s because i disconnected the bat?

Nchaydar

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I am also getting a mixture too lean code . Running JB4 with Titan Motorsports catless downpipe and e30 blend fuel on map 5 . Check my intake and wiring , everythingā€™s looks good . Any possible help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
andrewtrxnn

andrewtrxnn

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Toyota Supra 3.0
I am also getting a mixture too lean code . Running JB4 with Titan Motorsports catless downpipe and e30 blend fuel on map 5 . Check my intake and wiring , everythingā€™s looks good . Any possible help would be appreciated.
i didnā€™t get this solved, iā€™m guessing since i donā€™t have flex fuel i canā€™t read exactly what mixture iā€™m going in

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I recently bought a EWG so I installed it onto the car, after starting the car i got the code of lean fuel mixture. 118001 Mixture ECU: mixture too lean. I did have to take off my intake etc so i might just have to retighten it. I did start the car on map 6 while running 91 octane and i backed up out my driveway if that makes any difference. Also my fuel went up after if that makes sense, I was at 160 range and my car popped all the way up to 300. did i install something wrong?
I have used jb4 on a different car for a while and there could be many causes to the issues you are having. The one thing I will say is that when I first got the jb4, I did not start out running map 6. The "best" method is to make sure of all connections on map 0 by starting the car after connecting everything. The car should run just like stock on map 0. if you are getting CEL's on map 0, then verify connections, etc and check again. going to map 6 should be done once you have a very good understanding of how the device functions on the vehicle. A CEL for being too lean is not a good thing.....

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
One more thing......if map 6 is not setup properly ( to include correct octane level fuel), you will get more power out of map 3.....
Sponsored