• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

JB4 Tune for late 2021 A91?

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Just bought a JB4 tune for my late production 2021 Supra. Apparently since its a piggyback system it can get +80hp gains without touching the ECU. Is this the only route we can go from now on until they are unlocked?

Currently running just an mst intake and planning on a Frequency Intelligence catback too, curious to know if anyone else with a similar setup has dyno’d their a91 with the jb4 + similar mods. If not ill try to make time to dyno it and post results myself.
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I had that exact question and I searched the forums for a long time. Best I got was that the 21 improves 30hp without any other modifications

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
I had that exact question and I searched the forums for a long time. Best I got was that the 21 improves 30hp without any other modifications
Oof that's disappointing if true.

OP
OP

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oof that's disappointing if true.
yeah it sucks that its not +100 but 30-50hp gains isnt bad for the price. I suppose its assumed that once youre tuning, youre also going to do other mods as well, hence how some people are claiming big gains. Hopefully intake + tune +exhaust can push me close to 450-500 wheel

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
yeah it sucks that its not +100 but 30-50hp gains isnt bad for the price. I suppose its assumed that once youre tuning, youre also going to do other mods as well, hence how some people are claiming big gains. Hopefully intake + tune +exhaust can push me close to 450-500 wheel
That'd be awesome, by tune here you mean the JB4 piggyback?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hopefully intake + tune +exhaust can push me close to 450-500 wheel
Real tune, yeah. JB4, probably not on it's own. WHP doesn't matter all that much, your time in the 1/4 does. Low 11s is easy w/ JB4 + Meth + Tires + DP. There are JB4 + Meth + Downpipe cars in the 10s w/ a drag pack.

Intake, exhaust, etc do exactly dick for this engine. It flows really well on its own.

OP
OP

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Real tune, yeah. JB4, probably not on it's own. WHP doesn't matter all that much, your time in the 1/4 does. Low 11s is easy w/ JB4 + Meth + Tires + DP. There are JB4 + Meth + Downpipe cars in the 10s w/ a drag pack.

Intake, exhaust, etc do exactly dick for this engine. It flows really well on its own.
Forgive my ignorance, but are all downpipes going to make the car louder than it is now? The only think keeping me from upgrading it is that it seems to make the car dramatically louder than I would want, especially if I also threw on a catback on top of that.

OP
OP

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That'd be awesome, by tune here you mean the JB4 piggyback?
Yes the jb4, in an ideal scenario. Realistically ill probably have to do a downpipe and or wait until the ecu is unlocked to go with a full tune :/

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes the jb4, in an ideal scenario. Realistically ill probably have to do a downpipe and or wait until the ecu is unlocked to go with a full tune :/
No probably there. If the ECU isn't unlocked you can't tune.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Forgive my ignorance, but are all downpipes going to make the car louder than it is now? The only think keeping me from upgrading it is that it seems to make the car dramatically louder than I would want, especially if I also threw on a catback on top of that.
downpipe will open up the exhaust flow and allow the turbski to spin more freely.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
It will heavily depend on whether you go with a catted downpipe or a catless but I don’t notice it much louder on my A90 with a catless downpipe and the factory exhaust then it was on the factory cat. In sport mode perhaps yes but around town not crazy. In all honesty though in terms of getting power the downpipe is what will need to be upgraded on these cars. It’s probably the biggest “power adder” besides a tune.

OP
OP

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It will heavily depend on whether you go with a catted downpipe or a catless but I don’t notice it much louder on my A90 with a catless downpipe and the factory exhaust then it was on the factory cat. In sport mode perhaps yes but around town not crazy. In all honesty though in terms of getting power the downpipe is what will need to be upgraded on these cars. It’s probably the biggest “power adder” besides a tune.
I see, thanks for the explanation. Im already on the fence of doing a catback exhaust but some retain the valves of the oem exhaust so they can still pass the “neighbor test” lol. With a downpipe, though, i may be pushing my luck.
Sponsored