Kashbringer's 2.0 Build thread

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
INB4 just buy a 3.0
Nothing special here just a 2.0 daily driver "build". Though I did want to post some information for those who might search the forums for 2.0 help as there just isn't a ton out there. Posted information today about my 3.0 brake install today but figured it would be lost and berried in no time.

2022 Nocturnal Supra 2.0 with Tech/safety package.
Current mods:
Engine-
JB4 With custom map from @Jesse DaBears
AFE "Stage 2" intake
Kenji garage/ FunctionWerk catless downpipe
Remark USA catback exhaust (3.0 version modified to fit 2.0 downpipe *Check notes and pictures)

Suspension / Brakes-
MSS adjustable springs (Check notes)
3.0 Brembo front brakes (Check notes)
PowerStop z26 front pads
Painted rear 2.0 calipers... LOL I hope they'll match the fronts close enough

Appearance / Carbon fiber goodies-
2nd Hand rear carbon fiber spoiler... EBAY?
A90 shop hood vents - Open with no mesh
Rexspeed interior carbon badge
AWE Air foiler - wrapped in matte black to match 2.0 trim
American panda design badges
Gramlight 57DR wheels 19x9.5 +25 - 265/35/19
Gramlight 57DR wheels 19x10.5 +35 -295/35/19
Rays center caps

Parts on order / waiting to go on-
Blitz front strut bar

Future plans -
Methanol kit used solely for cooling to help combat this Texas heat. Debating between AEM or Snow as DevilsOwn seems to not being doing a lot nowadays.
AFE charge pipes
Some type of lip kit
Pay someone to take some picture of the car cause im bad at it.

Notes that may help future / current 2.0 owners.

3.0 brake swap is super simple and bolts right up to factory 2.0 caliper holes. Must use 3.0 rotors as they are larger both in width and diameter. These rotors are also directional - Arrow on the hub faces towards the front of the car and the veins inside the rotors should be swooped back towards the rear of the car.

3.0 Exhausts all fit on a 2.0 in terms of hangar location. The problem is the connection to the downpipe. See picture # 3... 3.0 cars use a slip on style connection... 2.0 use a horrid ball and socket design. There are currently two ways to handle this 1. Is to cut off your factory style connection and the 3.0 exhaust shorted to accept the 2.0 connection welded on. (this is what i did) 2. Have a exhaust shop / fab guy modify your downpipe to turn it into a slip on style. Also beware that you need some space to change the downpipe fitting... the remark exhaust splitter location made it a bit rough. Though other exhausts like ARK / tomei give you plenty of space.

MSS springs fit the 2.0 perfectly though it seems that the HKS adjustable springs do not fit with our shocks. Word on the street is that the MSS rears are easy to adjust but that was not the case for me lol.

20221123_101208.jpg

20220925_180348.jpg

20220925_130322.jpg

20220925_180500.jpg

20221120_133409.jpg

222222222222222.jpg

20220702_164831.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Love it, man. I feel like if you don't want crazy horsepower numbers, the 2.0 is a valid alternative, and you've taken care of a few of the weaknesses. I have a similar build but with 18" TE37s and a RaceChip instead of a JB4 (for now). I'm looking to replace the DP and exhaust next Spring after I get the car inspected. Do you get a CEL with the DP?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Nice Build bro! wish I saw more 2.0's being built and showcased. Gonna send you a PM

OP
OP
Kashbringer

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
Love it, man. I feel like if you don't want crazy horsepower numbers, the 2.0 is a valid alternative, and you've taken care of a few of the weaknesses. I have a similar build but with 18" TE37s and a RaceChip instead of a JB4 (for now). I'm looking to replace the DP and exhaust next Spring after I get the car inspected. Do you get a CEL with the DP?
Used to daily a built motor big turbo car but that got me into issues at a TX2k a few years back lol. Loved the Supra so figured I'd just build something that's fun to drive and wont get me into street racing issues again.

As for the CEL almost everyone I've heard of running this DP have no issues ( People on this forum and on Facebook). Though currently i'm throwing a CEL with two codes. JB4 pulls for "catless downpipe detected" and another for the fuse for the exhaust valve being pulled so that it's always open. My valve simulator from bmw arrived today so i'll toss that on and see If i throw a code for only the downpipe after a few hundred miles.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Nice car man! I second Phillip's notion that we need more 2.0 builds displayed on here!

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
As for the CEL almost everyone I've heard of running this DP have no issues ( People on this forum and on Facebook). Though currently i'm throwing a CEL with two codes. JB4 pulls for "catless downpipe detected" and another for the fuse for the exhaust valve being pulled so that it's always open. My valve simulator from bmw arrived today so i'll toss that on and see If i throw a code for only the downpipe after a few hundred miles.
That's very good news. I live in a state with very stringent inspection processes, and I am worried about issues with the catless DP. As far as I know, FunctionWerks isn't producing downpipes anymore, though. Is that why you put Kenji as well?

OP
OP
Kashbringer

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
That's very good news. I live in a state with very stringent inspection processes, and I am worried about issues with the catless DP. As far as I know, FunctionWerks isn't producing downpipes anymore, though. Is that why you put Kenji as well?
As far as I know kenjigarage is selling the exact downpipe just under their own name. They are made outside the states and shipped directly to kenjigarage.

tofulo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra 2.0
3.0 Exhausts all fit on a 2.0 in terms of hangar location. The problem is the connection to the downpipe. See picture # 3... 3.0 cars use a slip on style connection... 2.0 use a horrid ball and socket design. There are currently two ways to handle this 1. Is to cut off your factory style connection and the 3.0 exhaust shorted to accept the 2.0 connection welded on. (this is what i did) 2. Have a exhaust shop / fab guy modify your downpipe to turn it into a slip on style. Also beware that you need some space to change the downpipe fitting... the remark exhaust splitter location made it a bit rough. Though other exhausts like ARK / tomei give you plenty of space.
I haven't checked, but I would hope if you replace the downpipe as well, you could possibly bypass this issue altogether

OP
OP
Kashbringer

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
I haven't checked, but I would hope if you replace the downpipe as well, you could possibly bypass this issue altogether
All current aftermarket 2.0 downpipes use the stock connection sadly. You can simply buy a 2.0 catback but they are in very limited supply right now.

tofulo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra 2.0
All current aftermarket 2.0 downpipes use the stock connection sadly. You can simply buy a 2.0 catback but they are in very limited supply right now.
Dang, was hoping a 3.0 downpipe could fit on the 2.0 to get past the issue.

OP
OP
Kashbringer

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
A few sound clips of the current exhaust set up. Let the wife finally drive the car so i can hear it lol. I'm on the fence of needing resonators or not to fight top end/partial throttle rasp.... What do you guys think? They could be a pain to fit in the remark piping.

Clip of a soft launch then some moderate throttle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kashbringer

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
Finally some new parts!

@NitroYellowMKV hooked me up with this beautiful steering wheel. So happy to find a option that was not the flat bottom design yet still mix smooth leather and carbon fiber. Hit him up if you wanna make a custom steering wheel guys, the options are plenty!
20221120_133409.jpg

20221119_084551.jpg

And then finally after 8.5 months my Gramlights have finally arrived!

20221123_101208.jpg

20221123_101156.jpg

20221123_101224.jpg

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Finally some new parts!

@NitroYellowMKV hooked me up with this beautiful steering wheel. So happy to find a option that was not the flat bottom design yet still mix smooth leather and carbon fiber. Hit him up if you wanna make a custom steering wheel guys, the options are plenty!
20221120_133409.jpg

20221119_084551.jpg

And then finally after 8.5 months my Gramlights have finally arrived!

20221123_101208.jpg

20221123_101156.jpg

20221123_101224.jpg
Hell ya brother looks awesome! totally one off wheel to match a killer build!