Keyless Entry Stopped Working

SoupaJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra GR premium
Just wanted to post my experience with the Keyless Entry randomly not working anymore.

Keyless Entry is where your car automatically locks/ unlocks when you have your key on you, and you put your hand in the handle.

One day it just randomly quit working, specifically after I used my spare key 1 time.

Took it to the dealer, they couldn't figure out the problem, everything electrical/ signal wise works perfectly fine, the door handles just weren't responding. So the dealer ordered new door handles and replaced them for free since it fell under warranty, and it works again now.

Anyone else ever experienced this?
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Just wanted to post my experience with the Keyless Entry randomly not working anymore.

Keyless Entry is where your car automatically locks/ unlocks when you have your key on you, and you put your hand in the handle.

One day it just randomly quit working, specifically after I used my spare key 1 time.

Took it to the dealer, they couldn't figure out the problem, everything electrical/ signal wise works perfectly fine, the door handles just weren't responding. So the dealer ordered new door handles and replaced them for free since it fell under warranty, and it works again now.

Anyone else ever experienced this?
I'll have to message you having the same issue and need to find out what dealer you went to.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
For anyone experiencing this try and lock the car, walk away remove all phones or devices from the area and then try again. I've found sometimes when the keys are in a pocket behind phones that the phones almost seem to block or imped the signal. Worth a shot before heading to the dealer.

OP
OP
SoupaJon

SoupaJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra GR premium
Ended up finding out from the tech notes that the issue wasnt the door handle. It was the "Smart Key Oscillator", was left hanging in the battery compartment in the trunk. The tech had to place the oscillator back in it's proper mounting position and that ended up fixing it, for anyone having this problem. Dealer did it for free since it was under warranty.

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I get the opposite. So twice now gone to the supermarket, and when returning to my car, press unlock on the thob. Nothing, no response. It won't lock, it won't unlock, the boot won't open.

The locks are down, but when I pull the handle, the car "Wakes up" and unlocks itself.

OP
OP
SoupaJon

SoupaJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra GR premium
I get the opposite. So twice now gone to the supermarket, and when returning to my car, press unlock on the thob. Nothing, no response. It won't lock, it won't unlock, the boot won't open.

The locks are down, but when I pull the handle, the car "Wakes up" and unlocks itself.
That's weird, I never experienced that, my fob worked perfectly fine with the buttons unlocking the car. Maybe take it to the dealer since it's under warranty? I was tuned with a downpipe, but when they asked me if I had anything electrical done to the car I just said no. I told them I had a downpipe though but they didn't care.

MrJoshua

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Premium
Ended up finding out from the tech notes that the issue wasnt the door handle. It was the "Smart Key Oscillator", was left hanging in the battery compartment in the trunk. The tech had to place the oscillator back in it's proper mounting position and that ended up fixing it, for anyone having this problem. Dealer did it for free since it was under warranty.
Thank You! I went to check mine and saw I covered it when I did the porting of the sub box. I just cut a hole in the dynamat and now it works fine again! I would not have guessed that thing would be a part of the door sensor system. haha
Sponsored

Attachments