darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
I recently converted my Red Launch Edition to a Red Launch Edition Intrerior. I know too much red, but I frankly don't have a problem with it because well black is kinda boring. While in the process of installing the trunk door I ended up breaking the button. Luckly the button is about 30 dollars and I was able to get it installed. It just dawned on me that they were pretty lazy when developing these door panels because you'll find that you have a trunk release button on the passanger side too but with a filler.

So that it's easy between left hand drive and right hand drive. Then... It just dawned on me that hey we can get red passanger side door panels too if we are able to order from the right hand drive parts bin! Has anyone considered this or know of how to order RIght Hand Drive parts? I'd like to order the Red Passanger Side Door Panel :)
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Any photos to share? Iā€™d love to see it.

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure here you go: I tried to show the bottom that has the red paint and I'm a launch edition. I haven't changed the seats yet but plan to go with BMW Carbon Bucket Seats
1619833041086.png

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
I recently converted my Red Launch Edition to a Red Launch Edition Intrerior. I know too much red, but I frankly don't have a problem with it because well black is kinda boring. While in the process of installing the trunk door I ended up breaking the button. Luckly the button is about 30 dollars and I was able to get it installed. It just dawned on me that they were pretty lazy when developing these door panels because you'll find that you have a trunk release button on the passanger side too but with a filler.

So that it's easy between left hand drive and right hand drive. Then... It just dawned on me that hey we can get red passanger side door panels too if we are able to order from the right hand drive parts bin! Has anyone considered this or know of how to order RIght Hand Drive parts? I'd like to order the Red Passanger Side Door Panel :)
curious when you say the trunk button was broken, what happen exactly? Cause my trunk button stopped working and I think the shop I went to dissembled my door panel when they were working on it... my button does not work now

touge_206

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic type R, Mini Cooper S, X5M
BMW makes carbon bucket seats for our Supra?!?!?!?!?!?!?

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
BMW makes carbon bucket seats for our Supra?!?!?!?!?!?!?
After doing some digging I really love the new G80/G82 Carbon seats. Adjustable/heated as well. Does anybody know the likelihood of these being plug and play since our cars are technically bimmers?

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
After doing some digging I really love the new G80/G82 Carbon seats. Adjustable/heated as well. Does anybody know the likelihood of these being plug and play since our cars are technically bimmers?
Not sure but anything that is for the Z4M should fit. I can't find any local wrecked cars to confirm, though.

I think Z4 seats would be a good upgrade senpai.

bmw-zseries-z4-inform-lines-04-desktop-tablet-01.jpg.asset.1536913298866.jpg

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
Not sure but anything that is for the Z4M should fit. I can't find any local wrecked cars to confirm, though.

I think Z4 seats would be a good upgrade senpai.

bmw-zseries-z4-inform-lines-04-desktop-tablet-01.jpg.asset.1536913298866.jpg
Lol ? fair

I specifically would like to have something with proper harness pass-through unlike our faux plastic pieces ?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I took a photo of one I saw on Saturdayā€¦
31F68484-6450-4F64-8E58-05C7339EFDA2.jpeg

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It won't fit because that car is a sedan while the Supra is a Sports Car. On Other Words, the sedan is a higher seating position and if you look at the base it's too tall, you'll be through the roof, the only possiblity is to remove the seat somehow and use the base from the original Supra, so not exactly a plug and play but swapping out the bases, and it's only an assumption if that's even possible, study the base and you'll see what i mean not to mention the loss of memory 1 and memory 2.

0A.jpg

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
It won't fit because that car is a sedan while the Supra is a Sports Car. On Other Words, the sedan is a higher seating position and if you look at the base it's too tall, you'll be through the roof, the only possiblity is to remove the seat somehow and use the base from the original Supra, so not exactly a plug and play but swapping out the bases, and it's only an assumption if that's even possible, study the base and you'll see what i mean not to mention the loss of memory 1 and memory 2.

0A.jpg
The M4 is only about 4ā€ taller overall than the Supra and the Supraā€™s roof is domed. I donā€™t know exactly the height of those m4 seats, and it would definitely need custom rails but I doubt the seats are too large in terms of height.

Iā€™m interested to see if they use the same wiring harness. The ability to have carbon seats and proper pass through for harnesses while also retaining heated seats with the built in buttons in the console is worth the loss of memory positions imo

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The M4 is only about 4ā€ taller overall than the Supra and the Supraā€™s roof is domed. I donā€™t know exactly the height of those m4 seats, and it would definitely need custom rails but I doubt the seats are too large in terms of height.

Iā€™m interested to see if they use the same wiring harness. The ability to have carbon seats and proper pass through for harnesses while also retaining heated seats with the built in buttons in the console is worth the loss of memory positions imo
Do you not see the base? that base is way taller then the Supra by at least 3 inches if not 4 which you stated.

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
Do you not see the base? that base is way taller then the Supra by at least 3 inches if not 4 which you stated.
Also view how much closer the other seats plastic sits on the rail compared to the Supra seat
Sponsored

Attachments