Left Foot Braking

piper1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 e85 Z4
Out of curiosity is there anyone here left foot braking in their MKV? New to you, force of habit, something you've thought about? If you do how has it felt in the car, any variance you've had to adapt from what you've done it in before (without power difference coming into play). Any variances in feed back the car has given?
Sponsored

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Left foot braking skill is a good to have since it reduces transition time of right foot from accelerator pedal to brake pedal. Good way to practice is on simulator such as GT Sport, iRacing, AS, and ETC.

It really shines when you are on track to shave off x/100 of second. other occasion is when you have cramp on your right foot.

personally, I don't do it all the time but I've done it on occasions mentioned. since I am used to press hard on clutch pedal, without practice many years ago, I had tendency to over brake and lock up. I had to practice a lot to be able to finesse the brake to the point that stopping the car without jerking at the end.

there are no variance compare to other car but my other car is BMW..

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I left foot brake my Supra.

Years ago I was learning to left foot brake for my 86. I practiced everytime I drove my Land Cruiser and it has been a habit in AT cars for me ever since.

What I like best about it is that it makes it easy to smooth out weight transfer (this really applies to my lifted Cruiser). Entering a corner I can easily trail brake to keep the weight on the nose and then roll right back into the throttle.

OP
OP
piper1

piper1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 e85 Z4
I left foot brake my Supra.

Years ago I was learning to left foot brake for my 86. I practiced everytime I drove my Land Cruiser and it has been a habit in AT cars for me ever since.

What I like best about it is that it makes it easy to smooth out weight transfer (this really applies to my lifted Cruiser). Entering a corner I can easily trail brake to keep the weight on the nose and then roll right back into the throttle.
I started left foot braking in my MK3 Supra, and carried it right over to my E85 Z4. And as well with all AT car's I've driven after too.

I know there are some tunes out there if I remember right with the bmw n52 engine using I think it was an ess tune or with the ess s/c kit that was having an issue with throttle/brake input simultaneously with the drive by wire input with the tune, if memory serves at least. I was hoping the MKV wouldn't have that issue least stock, not sure if it becomes an issue with other tunes yet out there for it but being so knew am curious too if those with aftermarket tunes have attempted.

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Iā€™ve been playing around with left foot braking, Still a bit jumpy since my muscle memory is mor attuned to Forza 7, but it does bring a different level of excitement.

Anyone else been givi this a try?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Iā€™ve been playing around with left foot braking, Still a bit jumpy since my muscle memory is mor attuned to Forza 7, but it does bring a different level of excitement.

Anyone else been givi this a try?
Only do it to brake boost.
But I donā€™t use my car as a track car.