Let's see those garages

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
After seeing @DarkZupra 's garage on another post, it made me wonder what other awesome garage setups you guys have. Let's see them!
Sponsored

Jros3484

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium MT, 4Runner TRD Pro
Iā€™ll biteā€¦ Put a lot of blood and sweat into it.
0A86A83F-8F81-441A-A90A-2A955638E654.jpeg
8DF50588-F9BC-4699-A220-D5F2C2D058E8.jpeg
6B6478DF-491C-4365-99EF-ADA622E7EDC1.jpeg

Jros3484

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice! What kind of flooring?
itā€™s called Trulock by Garage Flooring LLC. Basically like RaceDeck but much more reasonably priced. Very easy to install, even had my wife help. Whole floor was down in less than a half day. Itā€™s all individual tiles that click together. I love them.

I thought about doing epoxy but thatā€™s slippery as hell when itā€™s wet unless you put shark bite or some abrasive in it- basically defeating the purpose and look. Glad I went this route.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I've been looking to get these cool interlocking tiles, they seem to be growing in popularity everywhere. Forgive my probably dumb questions: do you need to have your concrete floor completely treated/polished to be 100% flat first or will the tiles not stick/stay put properly? Or do they have some play/give in them.
Secondly, as they seem to be ridged are they not a bitch to clean if there's a spillage or dusty mess? I want my garage spotless as I'm OCD with cleaning, hence why I love the look, but I don't see how I can run a hoover over those tiles? Or maybe it's different than how I imagine it hence why I'm asking here, thanks.
What made you guys go with those tiles vs epoxy coat?

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
I've been looking to get these cool interlocking tiles, they seem to be growing in popularity everywhere. Forgive my probably dumb questions: do you need to have your concrete floor completely treated/polished to be 100% flat first or will the tiles not stick/stay put properly? Or do they have some play/give in them.
Secondly, as they seem to be ridged are they not a bitch to clean if there's a spillage or dusty mess? I want my garage spotless as I'm OCD with cleaning, hence why I love the look, but I don't see how I can run a hoover over those tiles? Or maybe it's different than how I imagine it hence why I'm asking here, thanks.
No man, any garage floor is good to go. Lots of brands out there. Mine are SwissTrax.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Swisstrax have many advantages. They are 'flow-through' so dirt, water, etc flow under them and dont sit on top, so even if your floor is dirty, you cant tell. They are easy to install and fix (you can easily pull up a single tile to replace it). They dont require any prep of your floors.

Ive never seen an epoxy floor after 2 years of use that didnt look like trash. They just dont last.

Jros3484

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pro-Tipā€¦ (actually read it someplace on the internet so I canā€™t take credit)

I put down a layer of landscape fabric under the tiles before beginning to lay them. Helps to prevent the click and clack sounds if youā€™re floor isnā€™t perfectly flat and even. Mine are solid and not a flow through design, so take that for what itā€™s worth.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
My garage floor was trash from 40+ years of winter when we moved in, which is why I put the tiles in. Was MUCH cheaper than a demo/repour. There are areas that aren't level at all and the tiles just flex/conform.

I did put landscape fabric underneath like @Jros3484 mentioned. No noise at all.

IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_0797.jpeg