Lexus RC350 & RC-F

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
The RC-F is not getting rave reviews against its direct competition lately :(

I hate benchracing and have never driven one personally but it'd be nice to see it get better press because I really like its styling and the fact that it stayed V8 NA.

Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
From everything I've read it's really not in the same realm as the M4. More of a heavier GT. Every review talks about how it feels heavier, and it's not like the competition is particularly lightweight. And it's hard to beat the instant thrust from today's turbocharged engines.

It's great looking, just not from the front. For the price, it's a tough sell against the gorgeous M4.

FT1freddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S
From everything I've read it's really not in the same realm as the M4. More of a heavier GT. Every review talks about how it feels heavier, and it's not like the competition is particularly lightweight. And it's hard to beat the instant thrust from today's turbocharged engines.

It's great looking, just not from the front. For the price, it's a tough sell against the gorgeous M4.
I actually like its front end design more than the M4. It's too bad it was built on a combination of existing chassis rather than getting its own ground up platform. Thank goodness the Supra will not suffer from this self-defeating engineering approach. :doh:

Mr. M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FIT
Is there still an IS-F coming? Will it have a different construction than RC-F or just be a sedan version of it?

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why do the tail lights look like it was ripped from the 86?

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Lol well Doug might not like it, But I did enjoy it when I had the chance to drive one. It's a great GT car that's for sure : ) it's comfortable to drive and have all that you need. It's not some track monster but I think it fits well with many people :)

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
It's lackluster just as the RC-F has always been sadly... until that thing moves on the to next gen it's stuck in a weird place, which is why people struggle to find reasons to buy them (the regular RC does pretty well though iirc).

That said, this particular car is similar to the ISF CCR.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's lackluster just as the RC-F has always been sadly... until that thing moves on the to next gen it's stuck in a weird place, which is why people struggle to find reasons to buy them (the regular RC does pretty well though iirc).

That said, this particular car is similar to the ISF CCR.
Still gonna be glad Lexus put money and effort into the platform. I'm fine how it is since it is still a lux coupe and one with no background at its first attempt but if they want it to sell more for a 2nd gen...

Have a platform that keeps it around 3500 lbs for the RC edition, buttons and layout is still luxurious but focused for the driver more than the passenger considering the buyer wants a cool looking car with elegance and a little zip for highways. Then, it should be fine to leave as is with the 2UR if Toyota has no plans to make a new engine. Perhaps a new heads up displayed researched by taking apart BMW's heads up display?

A 3500 RC and a 3700 RCF with potential carbon fiber pieces, a little extra boost to the V8 will get the message across competitors of combining the two aspects of luxury and performance? I'd prefer said car to be 40k and 60k respectively. Still nice ride but the weight isn't as noticeable as before.
Sponsored