Long wait times at Toyota Service Center?

anotherbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000
It looks like each dealer has one or two mechanics trained for servicing supra.

This would seem to indicate that when the vehicle is brought in for service or maintenance one a few of mechanics are trained to work on the vehicle. In contrast wiith a real toyota vehicle, there is a whole fleet of mechanics available to service the vehicles.

So in the case of the supra, the limited number of mechanics are a critical resource in contrast to a normal toyota vehicle.

Do people experience long wait times? For example I usually just drive in for my toyota maintenance and am out within an hour?
Sponsored

Prodrift

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Haven’t brought my Supra in for service yet but I had similar experiences with my C7 when bringing it in for service. Most Chevy dealerships only have a couple certified techs that could touch corvettes and they’d be the only ones allowed to work on my car. Being a GM vehicle there were a good amount of times I had to bring her in but the wait times and such were never terribly bad honestly. Granted there were many times I’d have to leave the car there and be given a loaner which I guess makes wait times irrelevant.

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
Are lube techs not allowed to perform an oil change on the Supra?

860_ZUPR4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1383, 2015 WRX, 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2018 Civic Type R
Are lube techs not allowed to perform an oil change on the Supra?
My concern would be with them knowing the proper procedure for checking the oil with no dipstick.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Did oil change today 1000km first service

Was done in 40 minutes :thumbsup:

zeroomega

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FR-S
bro, i think ive seen you in daly city before
I was there maybe twice in the past month. If you saw a red one without front plate. That was probably me.

The dealer I went for service was Toyota Sunnyvale though. It is on my blacklist now I won't go there again.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
I was there maybe twice in the past month. If you saw a red one without front plate. That was probably me.

The dealer I went for service was Toyota Sunnyvale though. It is on my blacklist now I won't go there again.
What happened?

zeroomega

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FR-S
What happened?
Poor communication and poor workmanship.

They screw up an earlier valve spring recall (J02 recall) on my Scion FR-S before, causing oil leaks at dip stick area (possibly they reuse some one time use o rings). But unlike other victims of J02 recall that has spun bearings, my engine runs fine.

I decide to give them another chance to bring my Supra for an early oil change since it is the nearest Toyota dealer and I don't think an oil change can go wrong. The service advisor first said it can be done in one day but later called me and said the certified tech was not available, but the service can be done the next day. I waited next day, no calls no messages. I called back on the third day, but was told my service advisor was not working that day. They transfered me to another service advisor which has no idea why my supra was not worked on and ask me to wait half an hour for him to dig into the problem. I only received a call 6 hours later and was explained that they have difficulty to source an oil filter(it's a BMW parts) and promise to finish the oil change the next day. This time they did finish the service and I am able to pickup my car on the forth day afternoon. When I got home, I noticed that my dashcam wires have been pulled. The car break-in in bay area is high and this stuff is quite common. I was not notified by anyone from dealer that dashcam is not allowed in their workspace but they pulled it without condense from me.

So that's my story. I won't go there again.

wesupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium w/ Driver's Assist, 2010 Toyota Corolla
Poor communication and poor workmanship.

They screw up an earlier valve spring recall (J02 recall) on my Scion FR-S before, causing oil leaks at dip stick area (possibly they reuse some one time use o rings). But unlike other victims of J02 recall that has spun bearings, my engine runs fine.

I decide to give them another chance to bring my Supra for an early oil change since it is the nearest Toyota dealer and I don't think an oil change can go wrong. The service advisor first said it can be done in one day but later called me and said the certified tech was not available, but the service can be done the next day. I waited next day, no calls no messages. I called back on the third day, but was told my service advisor was not working that day. They transfered me to another service advisor which has no idea why my supra was not worked on and ask me to wait half an hour for him to dig into the problem. I only received a call 6 hours later and was explained that they have difficulty to source an oil filter(it's a BMW parts) and promise to finish the oil change the next day. This time they did finish the service and I am able to pickup my car on the forth day afternoon. When I got home, I noticed that my dashcam wires have been pulled. The car break-in in bay area is high and this stuff is quite common. I was not notified by anyone from dealer that dashcam is not allowed in their workspace but they pulled it without condense from me.

So that's my story. I won't go there again.
I'm an advisor up in Marin if you are ever up there

OP
OP

anotherbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000
Poor communication and poor workmanship........
ok - we will give this one 4.5 days:

reported average wait time to get an oil change =
sum of values / number of values =
(4.5 days + 4 days + 40 minutes) / 3 =
2.8 days.

average weight time to wait for oil change is 2.8 days.

(increased times due to non-compliance with dealer no dash cams policies.)

No you can't record the mechanics not performing their jobs!

OP
OP

anotherbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000
ok - we will give this one 4.5 days:

reported average wait time to get an oil change =
sum of values / number of values =
(4.5 days + 4 days + 40 minutes) / 3 =
2.8 days.

average weight time to wait for oil change is 2.8 days.

(increased times due to non-compliance with dealer no dash cams policies.)

No you can't record the mechanics not performing their jobs!
ya need a dash cam to record the dash cam.

Ok lawyers here - was a crime committed by unauthorized removal of the wiring?

fuzzysmith

First Name
Smith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra - Nitro Yellow
My local dealership (Wilsonville, OR) is set up really nicely. I text my dedicated service advisor in advance instead of setting appointments up in the "traditional" way (website or phone) and they take great care of me. Unfortunately, I know this too well because we've been chasing down the rattle behind the seats. I think we have it narrowed down to the box itself. (Putting pressure on the surface facing the back of the passenger seat seems to completely eliminate the irritating bass rattle I've had since I bought the car, but that's a different story altogether.)
Sponsored