Looking 2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium

rlora

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 BMW X3MC & Audi SQ5
Hi guys; I'm looking for a 2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium Tungsten/Red. I'm in South Florida, but don't mind buying out of state if it makes sense. If anyone comes across one, let me know please. Thanks ahead!
Sponsored

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
There is a dealer in PA getting one soon. I can’t remember the name of the dealership though. Glen mills maybe?

tarponman85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X3MC
Hi guys; I'm looking for a 2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium Tungsten/Red. I'm in South Florida, but don't mind buying out of state if it makes sense. If anyone comes across one, let me know please. Thanks ahead!
Lipton Toyota in S FL had a white one at MSRP I almost bought, but decided to go with red from another dealer close by.

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
There are 2022's at:
  • West Kendall Toyota
  • Gettel Toyota of Charlotte County
I know quite a few places in NY, MA, and ME where you can get a 2021 for under MSRP. I'm buying one this week.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
There are 2022's at:
  • West Kendall Toyota
  • Gettel Toyota of Charlotte County
I know quite a few places in NY, MA, and ME where you can get a 2021 for under MSRP. I'm buying one this week.
Which dealers in NY?

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
You’re not going to get a local car with red interior, the regional Toyota distributor is not offering it as an option. You will need to go outside of the Southeast region to be able to get one. Just FYI!

Eman

First Name
Immanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon to be supra
I wonder if Washington state will get red interior ones. Looking for a 2022 myself

OP
OP

rlora

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 BMW X3MC & Audi SQ5
You’re not going to get a local car with red interior, the regional Toyota distributor is not offering it as an option. You will need to go outside of the Southeast region to be able to get one. Just FYI!
Thanks; I realized that after my post, will definitely have to go outside the SE region :confused:

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I wonder why the SE won’t get red interior?
We have a distributor down here who rules all new car orders with an iron fist. All cars come with ToyoGuard Platinum, they heavily overcharge for the trunk mat ($199 vs $85 elsewhere), etc. They’ve decided that no one wants red interiors, so here we are. We also aren’t getting any Phantom Gray in the southeast this year.
That could change, of course, but right now - CF edition is the only new car with any red inside down here, and I’ve only seen yellow available in the southeast so far.

Edit - to see how bad it is, go to the build tool, and change your zip to 28212 for Charlotte, NC. You’ll be appalled at how the available options and accessory pricing changes vs. other regions!

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
We have a distributor down here who rules all new car orders with an iron fist. All cars come with ToyoGuard Platinum, they heavily overcharge for the trunk mat ($199 vs $85 elsewhere), etc. They’ve decided that no one wants red interiors, so here we are. We also aren’t getting any Phantom Gray in the southeast this year.
That could change, of course, but right now - CF edition is the only new car with any red inside down here, and I’ve only seen yellow available in the southeast so far.

Edit - to see how bad it is, go to the build tool, and change your zip to 28212 for Charlotte, NC. You’ll be appalled at how the available options and accessory pricing changes vs. other regions!
That's cancer. The entire process is a shit show. Especially dealerships, I don't know why dealerships need to exist anymore.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
That's cancer. The entire process is a shit show. Especially dealerships, I don't know why dealerships need to exist anymore.
They are an illegal monopoly. I have no idea why any maker thinks that model of business is worth a fk anymore. It needs to die but politically the fat lazy dealers have power. Any chance I get to bypass and weaken them I take it. Fk dealers and especially BAD ones. Good one's are worth the time and I know the people who are not in management or ownership are not the real issues. Policy is set above them and they are not really ever an issue. Management and owners - GO FK OFF

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
They are an illegal monopoly. I have no idea why any maker thinks that model of business is worth a fk anymore. It needs to die but politically the fat lazy dealers have power. Any chance I get to bypass and weaken them I take it. Fk dealers and especially BAD ones. Good one's are worth the time and I know the people who are not in management or ownership are not the real issues. Policy is set above them and they are not really ever an issue. Management and owners - GO FK OFF
The worst part is, all of the agreements with manufacturers are written with insanely good terms for the distributors and dealers, since some of the manufacturers had a really hard time breaking into the US, especially since WW2 was fresh on peoples' minds.

Check this out, regarding Subaru of New England - they're the sole distributor (though they call themselves a 'dealer') in the northeast states. They have 100% control over all inventory for something like 64 Subaru dealerships, many of whom banded together a while back to sue them for control. They actually won - but then Subaru of New England appealed, and the original ruling was thrown out. This is a clear monopoly, but is not treated as such. Sure - we have options these days with the internet, so I don't have to buy from my local dealer, but imagine trying to broker a purchase back in the 80's and dealing with this BS. It would have soured the entire brand for me.

Subaru has also tried to sue them to stop this monopoly, but they've essentially granted them distribution rights in the northeast in perpetuity...

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685286

We have a very similar situation in the southeast with Southeast Toyota Distribution - they are the sole supplier to nearly 200 Toyota dealerships in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and North and South Carolina. They set their own prices for parts, labor, and accessories, which generally includes some markup over MSRP. They're apparently the sole 'dealership' for nearly 20% of Toyotas sold in the entire country. Absolutely insane.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
They set their own prices for parts, labor, and accessories, which generally includes some markup over MSRP.
~ Our local dealers do the same with parts
 the prices vary depending upon the dealership.

I have been told via the dealers
 they are suggested MSRP prices and can inflated them at their discretion.

The only prices that are fixed 
 are with factory accessories for most catalogs post the pricing and they have to adhere to published pricing.

The worst thing
 typically the lower income areas in Columbus, Ohio have the higher prices for oem parts via Honda, etc.
Sponsored