Looking for a Downpipe

Discussion in 'B58 6-Cyl Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Bolt-Ons' started by twarner776, Sep 4, 2019.

1. twarner776

twarner776 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Travis
    Car(s):
    Supra LE, Audi A6
    Liked:
    Well......One can only keep their car stock for so long. I have decided that 725 miles is the distance im willing to wait. Step one for me is going to be a downpipe (soon followed by tune) and wanted to see if anyone else out there has already ventured into this. Right now im looking at the Titan with O2 spacers but open to ideas if others on the forum have experience with another manufacture.

2. RRKnight

RRKnight Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    I'm on the same boat and looking at the same kit at Titan. I'm also hoping someone on this forum have some feedback.

3. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    5G 4Runner, MK7 Golf, AZW LE Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    If I am not mistaken, the downpipe for other B58 cars fits. I am not certain, but it could be easier to find a good price one longer on the market. VRSF comes to mind, for instance.

RRKnight likes this.
  4. RRKnight

RRKnight Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    Yes that's a good option but I like to support companies such as Titan who in turn support this forum. It will eventually help us all.

bobbybiglug, Dunc and kona61 like this.
  5. Ghostop

Ghostop Member

First Name:
    John snow
    Car(s):
    2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r
    Liked:
  6. OP
    OP
    twarner776

First Name:
    Travis
    Car(s):
    Supra LE, Audi A6
    Liked:

Interested in the downpipe for sure, and not sure of there is a real difference between one vs the other. Just not something I know a whole lot about.

As for the tune, 1300 is on the high end when being compared to what is expected from MHD or proTuning Freaks.

RRKnight likes this.
  7. Nocturnal LE

Nocturnal LE Member

First Name:
    Daniel
    Car(s):
    2020 Supra LE
    Liked:
    Any other options for downpipe besides Titan or Real Street Performance? What are the differences and what do you look for when deciding on a particular company to go with?

CES Motorsports looks like they have developed a downpipe along with MHD tuning option... but not available on CES website yet: https://www.spoolstreet.com/boards/threads/ces-motorsport-mhd-pureboost-2020-supra-dyno-s.5504/

8. Illsic_Design

Illsic_Design Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Josh
    Car(s):
    E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
    Liked:
    Inspector
    I thought I saw a video on here(or on youtube) where someone tried a regular B58 down pipe on a supra and it wouldn't fit correctly because having the manifold built into the head changes where everything lines up. I could be wrong though.

There's really not much to a down pipe, as long as it fits properly(correct bends), made from the right material, and the company can weld properly then any down pipe will do. The biggest thing is making sure the fitment is correct, but I feel like this platform should be easy to get the fitment right as its not as crowded as say the dual down pipes and tight clearances of the e9x(BMW 335).

9. oakleyguy

oakleyguy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nate
    Car(s):
    URJ200, UZJ100, FZJ80
    Liked:
    Check out RK Tunes. I think DP & Tune will run you about $1000-$1200.

Mk5nut and twarner776 like this.
  10. Nocturnal LE

Nocturnal LE Member

First Name:
    Daniel
    Car(s):
    2020 Supra LE
    Liked:
    #10 Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Summary of DPs out there:

1. Boost Logic Catless DP $449.00 (Not sure if this includes O2 simulator?)
    Through Real Street Performance https://www.realstreetperformance.com/boost-logic-mkv-supra-a90-2020-stainless-steel-catless-downpipe-03080908.html or through Boost Logic directly http://www.boostlogic.com/parts/toyota-lexus-parts/mk5-supra/ex/boost-logic-mkv-supra-stainless-steel-catless-downpipe.html

2. Armytrix Catless with cat simulator $590.00
    Through Titan Motor Sports http://www.titanmotorsports.com/ary-b58b30-dd.html

3. Armytrix Ceramic Coated Catless DP with cat simulator $880.00
    Through Titan Motor Sports http://www.titanmotorsports.com/ary-b58b30-ddc.html

4. Titan Motor Sports (TMS) Catless DP $299.00 plus option O2 spacer of $145, bringing total to $444.00
    Directly through http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tms-mkv-exh-100.html

5. RK-Tunes Catless DP $400.00 (no mention of O2 simulator)
    Directly through https://www.rktunes.com/products/performance-downpipe-for-a90-supra-Toyota

6. aFe Power Twisted Steel DP catless $603 and with cat $818.
    Directly through https://afepower.com/down-pipe

7. Induction Performance Odyssey Fab DP catless $499.95
    Through Induction Performance https://www.inductionperformance.co...0/products/odyssey-fab-a90-mk5-supra-downpipe

Am I missing any? Maybe this could go at the top of this post, and then we can add to it. Moderator?

Also, just to make sure. O2 spacer, O2 simulator, and cat simulator are all the same thing, right?

Ghostop, MMR, Joe and 3 others like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    twarner776

First Name:
    Travis
    Car(s):
    Supra LE, Audi A6
    Liked:
    Yes thats correct.

This is where I have landed after talking to a friend that owns a shop local to me. I am getting the Titan DP without the spacers. The shop has their own catted o2 spacer they will use.

I am still fighting with myself on the tune side of it. Based on it being a new platform and no real record of how Toyota is going to view tunes from a warranty side im a little shy of doing a full ECU flash with something like MHD. So for this reason my friend has recommended to just do the ProTune from Titan and wait on a full ECU flash after there is more reliability figures out there. That said.......man do the numbers from MHD look really good.

RRKnight likes this.
  12. larrymz3

larrymz3 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Same boat - not sure about a full flash yet. I'm looking at doing the Burger JB4 + Burger intake + Titan downpipe. Would I need the o2 spacer?

arexniba likes this.
  13. Titan Motorsports

Titan Motorsports Well-Known Member
    Silver Sponsor

First Name:
    Ashley
    Car(s):
    2020 MKV Premium White, 2020 MKV Premium Black, MK4 Supras. Among others.
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Garage Profiles:
    Hey guys (and gals) the donwpipe with likely throw a code, so we recommend an O2 spacer ($145). Titan tune, downpipe and O2 spacer come out to $1043. That gains you 100+whp and ft/lbs torque on 93. The Titan Tune has pre programmed maps for 98, 100 octane and so on as well.

From what we can tell most of the B58 downpipes on the market are very similar but may use a different style flex tube or bellow.

14. Silvertt

Silvertt Active Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Can’t go wrong with Titan for a downpipe. Wondering do you need a spacer with a tune or can the CEL be removed through the computer?

Nocturnal LE likes this.
  15. GirlRepellent

GirlRepellent Active Member

Car(s):
    A90 Supra
    Liked:
    Wagner Tuning is big in the BMW world. They do a catted and non-catted downpipe too.