Looking into a flex fuel kit.

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
So like the title says I'm looking into a flex fuel kit right now my car has cold air intake charge pipeñ jb4 ,downpipe catted.. I was reading a little bit about the flex flue kit and I would want something I dont have to worry about if I put 93 or E85 in between fueling up... and is it possible to run everyday with E85. What else would I need for this flex fuel kit also will it make a big difference on horsepower or just a little bit...
Thanks guys.. ?
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
You can do up to E30 stock
E50 with flex fuel line line upgrades
E85 with lines and fuel pump upgrade (probably port injectors as well?)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So like the title says I'm looking into a flex fuel kit right now my car has cold air intake charge pipeñ jb4 ,downpipe catted.. I was reading a little bit about the flex flue kit and I would want something I dont have to worry about if I put 93 or E85 in between fueling up... and is it possible to run everyday with E85. What else would I need for this flex fuel kit also will it make a big difference on horsepower or just a little bit...
Thanks guys.. ?
If you're sticking with JB4, all you need is Fuel-It to measure your ethanol content, and you can run E20-E30ish without meth. You can get up to E40 with meth. Both on stock fuel system. Fuel-It is not @visconti's flex fuel kit. The tune will not magically change with varying ethanol contents.

Again, if you're sticking with JB4 reach out to @Jesse DaBears @ PPE . He'll set you up with what ever you need.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Can someone confirm if lines are needed to run e50? Possibly a link to replacement lines please

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Can someone confirm if lines are needed to run e50? Possibly a link to replacement lines please
No, you can run up to E50 with just a flex fuel kit and flash tune. You don't even need the flex fuel kit if you just want E50 or regular pump, but it will let you blend them and switch on the fly without issue, which simplifies things.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Thanks guys.. ?

i notice you have a 2021, is yours an early 2021 ecu or locked ecu? only reason i ask is because if you cant flash the car that changes your options.

OP
OP
lando1432

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
i notice you have a 2021, is yours an early 2021 ecu or locked ecu? only reason i ask is because if you cant flash the car that changes your options.
Locked ECU..☹

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Locked ECU..☹
yea, jb4 doesn't do real flex fuel. its basically a boost controller. but if you wanted a sensor just make sure your mis is right thats fine. but you need to be careful running ethanol with no tune.

WisSupra1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Mini R52 SC,17 Ram Rebel,21 Supra Pre 3.0 Matte
Is it possible to install the Visconti flex fuel kit sensor, then make all wiring connections under the hood? I would make PTCAN connections by splicing into the wires to the ECU's A46*1B connector pins 41 and 42. This is how the Twisted Tuning kit makes connections, rather than removing trim and running wires behind the glove box to do the same thing. I would assume all PTCAN bus wiring is connected so splicing in anywhere should work. It is easy to just slice insulation and slide it up a bit on the wire to be able to solder a tap wire. This provides a more robust connection than clip on connectors. Has anyone done something like this? Does the Zeitronix module need to be mounted inside the vehicle away from water?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Is it possible to install the Visconti flex fuel kit sensor, then make all wiring connections under the hood? I would make PTCAN connections by splicing into the wires to the ECU's A46*1B connector pins 41 and 42. This is how the Twisted Tuning kit makes connections, rather than removing trim and running wires behind the glove box to do the same thing. I would assume all PTCAN bus wiring is connected so splicing in anywhere should work. It is easy to just slice insulation and slide it up a bit on the wire to be able to solder a tap wire. This provides a more robust connection than clip on connectors. Has anyone done something like this? Does the Zeitronix module need to be mounted inside the vehicle away from water?
The zietronix box doesn't appear to be water tight, buit you can certaily throw it under one of the cowls and be fine. On that note, I have one for sale :p.

You can tap CANBus anywhere. Under the hood or in the passenger compartment.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
yes you can connect at the ecu. that is why i connected at the ecu. ive had ethanol sensors on these cars longer than anyone. just put the ZT box in the compartment where the master cylinder is. no issues. theres literally no reason to tear apart the inside of the car.

do NOT solder wires to ECU. crimp or tap. i use protected taps with my kits.

alexd0316

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Instead of starting new thread I just want to piggy back this subject.
With 2021 cloned dme and pure800 will I be able to safely run e50 with flex fuel kit? Or e40 or less

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Instead of starting new thread I just want to piggy back this subject.
With 2021 cloned dme and pure800 will I be able to safely run e50 with flex fuel kit? Or e40 or less
Yes

edit: up to e50 is fine. Any of the top 5 tuners will likely put you on an e50 flex tune
Sponsored