• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Looking to buy Ecutek

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Looking to buy Ecutek and license for my A91.
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
You would be better off buying it from a master tuner since the license does not come with a map. Unless you already have that covered.

OP
OP
superd6199

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You would be better off buying it from a master tuner since the license does not come with a map. Unless you already have that covered.

Thanks! Iā€™ve been looking around online and donā€™t wanna buy an option that I wonā€™t be needing.

OP
OP
superd6199

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if you already have the tuning pack.. canā€™t you just buy the Ecutek point to unlock?
This is for my other A91 that has a tunable ECU. All of this tuning stuff is all new to me.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
This is for my other A91 that has a tunable ECU. All of this tuning stuff is all new to me.
the license does not come with a tune, so thatā€™s why Iā€™m wondering why you only need the license.
ok if you have tuneable 2021 I would buy from a tuner. Even though itā€™s unlocked, you will probably need a bench unlock to flash it.

Unless you have a tuner locally lined up you would be better off buying the Ecutek from a tuner

OP
OP
superd6199

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the license does not come with a tune, so thatā€™s why Iā€™m wondering why you only need the license.

ok if you have tuneable 2021 I would buy from a tuner. Even though itā€™s unlocked, you will probably need a bench unlock to flash it.

Unless you have a tuner locally lined up you would be better off buying the Ecutek from a tuner
Thanks for sharing this info! This helps as there are far too many different discussions throughout the forum to read through.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Thanks for sharing this info! This helps as there are far too many different discussions throughout the forum to read through.
Just to give one reference point:

I have a 2021 with a 3/20 build date. This means the ECU is tunable, but like all 2021s, it still requires a bench unlock. I went with Visconti Tuning, it was a total of $1700. That's $700 for a remote unlock where Visconti ships some hardware to you, you pull out the ECU, plug it into your laptop, and he remotes in and unlocks it (same as a bench unlock, but you don't have to ship your ECU out, so no risk of lost packages and a bricked car), and the other $1000 is for an OTS tune, Ecutek license, and the OBDII adapter to program the ECU, log, etc.

In total it took somewhere around an hour to:
1) remove the ECU
2) connect with Visconti, who guided me through hooking up the harness to the ECU and computer so he could unlock it
3) reinstall the ECU (while I was doing that, Visconti was modifying the OTS map using the data he pulled from the ECU during step #2)
4) hook the computer up to the OBD port using the Ecutek adapter
5) wait while Visconti, still connected remotely to my laptop, flashed the OTS map to the ECU

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

I have a 2021 with a 3/20 build date. This means the ECU is tunable, but like all 2021s, it still requires a bench unlock. I went with Visconti Tuning, it was a total of $1700. That's $700 for a remote unlock where Visconti ships some hardware to you, you pull out the ECU, plug it into your laptop, and he remotes in and unlocks it (same as a bench unlock, but you don't have to ship your ECU out, so no risk of lost packages and a bricked car), and the other $1000 is for an OTS tune, Ecutek license, and the OBDII adapter to program the ECU, log, etc.

1) remove the ECU
2) connect with Visconti, who guided me through hooking up the harness to the ECU and computer so he could unlock it
3) reinstall the ECU (while I was doing that, Visconti was modifying the OTS map using the data he pulled from the ECU during step #2)
5) wait while Visconti, still connected remotely to my laptop, flashed the OTS map to the ECU
This was my exact process too. Iā€™m very pleased with the results. Now I need to mount these so I have some traction again. ?

-RJM

DD2424C5-015F-4C82-A7F5-C3ACB21AC113.jpeg

OP
OP
superd6199

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

1) remove the ECU
Looking over my vehicle and I too have the same build date 03/202. I pulled the ECU to confirm and noticed the ECU date was 01/30/2020. So guys with 2021 models should pull their ECUā€™s out to dbl check.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Looking over my vehicle and I too have the same build date 03/202. I pulled the ECU to confirm and noticed the ECU date was 01/30/2020. So guys with 2021 models should pull their ECUā€™s out to dbl check.
Since you were asking for a license only.. Here's a place that sells it.

https://twistedtuning.com/products/ecutek-programming-licenses?variant=31428687495216

You still need to pay for a MAP. Some of the packages may work out to be a better deal.
Sponsored