Lost both keys - What's the solution?

iusman93

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra GR3.0
Posting on behalf on a friend who isn't on here. He has a '21 Supra - And has lost both his keys to the car.

Our local dealer in Dubai isn't the greatest when it comes to pretty much....anything. So they have told him he has to replace the entire ECU (about 3-4K USD) as they don't have any key they can match the Radio Frequency from.

I am having a fairly hard time believing that this is the only possible solution, as this sounds a bit silly. I am not a technical person so asking if someone here knows of another solution instead of changin the whole god damn ECU to get keys?

Thanks!
Sponsored

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Posting on behalf on a friend who isn't on here. He has a '21 Supra - And has lost both his keys to the car.

Our local dealer in Dubai isn't the greatest when it comes to pretty much....anything. So they have told him he has to replace the entire ECU (about 3-4K USD) as they don't have any key they can match the Radio Frequency from.

I am having a fairly hard time believing that this is the only possible solution, as this sounds a bit silly. I am not a technical person so asking if someone here knows of another solution instead of changin the whole god damn ECU to get keys?

Thanks!
I don't know exactly if this is true, since all supras are programmed when they actually hit the lot.

I also am curious about reprogramming when no keys are present. Recently ran into this issue, with no way around it other than calling the dealership. From what I understand the keys rotate hex values so even if you hex edit in the new key values (assuming you can find the old ones) then when it rolls again it will stop working.

A stupid problem.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Ask a thief.... I bet bad guys could figure it out- seriously
bad guys do exactly what the dealership said they could do. Clone the signal from a working key.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

Thanks!
"Posting on behalf of a friend"

Hi! I'm a thief and I'd like to know how to steal your cars.... care to tell me how?

That's how I read it anyway....

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
This smells fishy...

Does your friend carry both keys at the same time? Never saw anyone ever ask this... unless they lost the only key they had...

Either way you'd need to go to a dealer if this is legit.

Just don't ask me how to remove tires okay as I don't know... :p

Reactions: zrk

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
"Posting on behalf of a friend"

Hi! I'm a thief and I'd like to know how to steal your cars.... care to tell me how?

That's how I read it anyway....
Lol I suppose this is true, but really I think those key clone and replay machines are like five figures. Not your typical criminal gonna have access to them
Sponsored