Manually specify target tire pressure?

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Is there a way to manually specify desired tire pressures? I see the procedure in the manual, where it resets to the current pressure, but that seems kind of imprecise because the pressure may change during the calibration, or vs the reading from the pump. Curious if anyone knows an alternative.

For some dumb reason my car wants 47 psi, always has. Dealer probably made a little configuration error during PDI. Know it adapts to temperature, but 47 is way high...
Sponsored

Attachments

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Set your tire pressure to recommended settings on the drivers door card when cold.
Then reset the tire pressure inside the settings of supra connect.

Good luck.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Is there a way to manually specify desired tire pressures? I see the procedure in the manual, where it resets to the current pressure, but that seems kind of imprecise because the pressure may change during the calibration, or vs the reading from the pump. Curious if anyone knows an alternative.

For some dumb reason my car wants 47 psi, always has. Dealer probably made a little configuration error during PDI. Know it adapts to temperature, but 47 is way high...
At a guess, the recommended temp is based on calculating the difference in current temp vs. temp & psi at the time they were reset. So if the tires were very cold when they were reset at 36psi... it calculates (guesses) they would need to be 47psi at the present temperature in order to return to that 36psi once they cooled off sufficiently.

Either that or the problem is that you're behind a Lamborghini and the car is simply trying to compensate any way it can. ;)

OP
OP
BananaBandolero

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Ah perhaps they didn't drive it much when initially setting (or just didnt initially set) so the temp scalar is wonky. I'll go do as the manual and others have suggested. Was just trying to avoid having to go try and tag a precise pressure with the pump.

That lambo started parking by my apartment recently, which is unusual. Been dying to figure out whose it is.
Sponsored