MAPerformance Catted Downpipe

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I don't see a lot of MAPerformance downpipe threads/installs and it doesn't seem to be talked about much. The quality looks great and I'm leaning towards one. Anyone have comments on it?
Sponsored

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
Yeah I've been eyeing it too...Seems a couple of members have it with no CEL

vrwm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MKV
I have had it on my car since March. It was then only one in stock at the time. I have a 2021 and didnā€™t get any CELs for about 4000 miles. I didnā€™t have any issues, everything lined up fine, had enough clearance on the o2 sensors. I will say I wasnā€™t too impressed with the way the vband gasket sat in the downpipe flange. It sealed fine but it didnā€™t have a grove for the gasket to sit in. I have experience with a few other downpipes and they all had the same flange the oem one had. That being said it is still on my car and Iā€™m happy with it. I am fortunate enough to have ended up with a tuneable 21, I am tuned and I wonā€™t know if itā€™ll cause any CELs from this point on though.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have had it on my car since March. It was then only one in stock at the time. I have a 2021 and didnā€™t get any CELs for about 4000 miles. I didnā€™t have any issues, everything lined up fine, had enough clearance on the o2 sensors. I will say I wasnā€™t too impressed with the way the vband gasket sat in the downpipe flange. It sealed fine but it didnā€™t have a grove for the gasket to sit in. I have experience with a few other downpipes and they all had the same flange the oem one had. That being said it is still on my car and Iā€™m happy with it. I am fortunate enough to have ended up with a tuneable 21, I am tuned and I wonā€™t know if itā€™ll cause any CELs from this point on though.
Thank you!

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
Thank you!
Just making sure...you never got a cel on stock tune? Or you did after 4k miles? I just ordered this downpipe. I dont really care for me because I'm ordering ecutek at the same time--but for others just want to clarify.

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
How's your oil consumption?

vrwm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MKV
How's your oil consumption?
I havenā€™t notice anything abnormal, I Change my oil at 1500 miles after break in and recently 5000 miles for my first service at the dealer. My oil readings were at the max line before changing. Used the factory 0w-20 c5. I am probably going to switch to something thicker down the road, most likely 5w-30 Liquimoly Specia Tec LL. BMW LL01 rated. I was considering one of the LL04 oils but I have heard they break down easier with ethanol and Iā€™m running flex fuel.

BoostedMKV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1990 Nissan 300zx TT, 1996 Acura Integra
Just got my Maperformance catted downpipe. Quality looks excellent.

20210530_193721.jpg

20210530_193729.jpg

Reactions: zrk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Would you mind shooting a couple of pics down each end of the component? I'd like to compare it to the aFe downpipe I received and an issue I've found with it.

BoostedMKV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1990 Nissan 300zx TT, 1996 Acura Integra
Would you mind shooting a couple of pics down each end of the component? I'd like to compare it to the aFe downpipe I received and an issue I've found with it.
Sponsored

Attachments