Matte Black Supra + TRD Parts

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase

As some of you may be aware, I recently had full-body Xpel Stealth applied to my nocturnal black Supra to matte it out. I also picked up some of the TRD carbon fiber parts from Japan and had them installed. I had Xpel Stealth applied on top of the TRD parts as well to give them a more subdued look (as they were pretty glossy and stood out too much in stock form on a matte car). I think the finished product turned out quite nicely and is just as I'd hoped. I took some pictures of the car as I drove from North Carolina to Texas recently, which I uploaded in the above link. (Sorry, my Instagram account is for my cats so everything there basically relates to them other than this one post XD.)

Ironically, when I got to my new place in Texas, I discovered that the assigned parking spot in the building's parking garage right next to mine belongs to a brand new BMW Z4. So I park my Supra right next to a Z4 every day. (What're the chances?)

With there being a new matte black Supra rumored to be coming out in the near future, I figured that this would provide a decent preview of what to expect. Personally, given how hard matte paint is to care for, I'd still go with the launch edition like I did and just apply Xpel Stealth as it really does look like the paint is matte on the thing but doesn't have the maintenance issues of such paint.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Bulls23337

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9, 2008 Lexus IS F, 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Nice work on the matte black exterior and the cat black interior! The TRD parts also look great! You gonna get a cat-back exhaust next? Sorry, I couldn't resist the dumb cat puns. :D

On a more serious note, did you buy the TRD parts directly from a dealership in Japan? Or a 3rd party source?

OP
OP
Supra Dupra

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase