Metal to metal cracking rattle noise

j09333

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
The noise is comming from the rear whenever car gets over uneven surfaces or bump.
I thought rear interior has something loose. I teared apart the whole rear section removed speaker and everything and still not found the source yet. Anyone can help me??
Sponsored

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
You on lowering springs? If so I would check to make sure it is installed correctly. Also make sure the rubbers are on it. If you are not on springs you can check the battery compartment area or surrounding area to see if anything is loose.

OP
OP
j09333

j09333

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
Are you using the tonneau cover in the rear hatch? I had a similar issue and after removing this, it went away.
Everything is removed from the back and sound is still there. Sadly...

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Rear crossbar? Mine makes a metallic sound when I corner. Sounds like it's coming from the mounting point on the driver side under the plastic. Just hasn't bothered me enough to dig into it in the 115 degree heat.

OP
OP
j09333

j09333

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
Rear crossbar? Mine makes a metallic sound when I corner. Sounds like it's coming from the mounting point on the driver side under the plastic. Just hasn't bothered me enough to dig into it in the 115 degree heat.
Mine also made sound over the wheel arch driver side and I suspected cross bar too but now everything is gone, sound worsened and it is more likely from the frame rather any attached parts.... will see and report how it goes if I can pinpoint the source

OP
OP
j09333

j09333

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
Every possible thing gone and in the process of making drift car :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

RCRob51

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Has anyone found the cause of this metallic sound? I have personally invested a lot of time trying to solving this issue as mine does the same. Its mainly on uneven surfaces like backing out of my driveway and is most noticeable when cold. I'm starting to think its the heat shield above the muffler.