Supra1208

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Hello

i‘m just wondering. Did anyone of you ever had any problems with the MHD OTS maps on the Supra B58?
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Not necessarily a problem (yet) but installed a catted dp, flashed stage tune ots tune and with in 50 miles I got a chassis error...
I refreshed the tune n the error hasn't come back but I also haven't put many miles on it since doing the reflash..

Other then that the ots tunes seem pretty good..more then enough power for the street...imo..

Steve

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessarily a problem (yet) but installed a catted dp, flashed stage tune ots tune and with in 50 miles I got a chassis error...
I refreshed the tune n the error hasn't come back but I also haven't put many miles on it since doing the reflash..

Other then that the ots tunes seem pretty good..more then enough power for the street...imo..

Steve
I think that happens to all of us. The cars parameters needs time to adjust to the power jump, that's why. My car did that as soon as i flashed my E30 map for the first time ever. I was about to do a nasty pull, yanked hard in 3rd gear and then mid pull, i got kicked down into limp mode lol. My guess is because the car is not used to pulling that hard, the TCM needs time to understand that you're putting 200+ more ft lbs of torque down lmao

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think that happens to all of us. The cars parameters needs time to adjust to the power jump, that's why. My car did that as soon as i flashed my E30 map for the first time ever. I was about to do a nasty pull, yanked hard in 3rd gear and then mid pull, i got kicked down into limp mode lol. My guess is because the car is not used to pulling that hard, the TCM needs time to understand that you're putting 200+ more ft lbs of torque down lmao
Thanks for that...happy to hear its "normal "...haha..

I'm only 93 tune n it's more then enough...can't imagine how an e blend would feel...

Steve

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
OP,

Chassis Error or Drivetrain Error?

Because the two are VERY different. MHD is just fine. But curious on my question

Reactions: zrk

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP,

Chassis Error or Drivetrain Error?

Because the two are VERY different. MHD is just fine. But curious on my question
Not the op...but I got a chassis error...
NOT a drivetrain error...

When I pulled codes it same something about torque limited?

Attachments

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Not the op...but I got a chassis error...
NOT a drivetrain error...

When I pulled codes it same something about torque limited?

chassis error, is almost always not associated with DME. do you have suspension mods? those DME code, shoot MHD an email and they can let you know whats up and take care of you. but the torque limitation code on the DME can be a result of whatever the Chassis issue is.

If you have Bimmergeeks Protool, you can use that to read every module in the car and see what you're getting a chassis error. Usually its a leveling sensor, but not isolated to that.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
chassis error, is almost always not associated with DME. do you have suspension mods? those DME code, shoot MHD an email and they can let you know whats up and take care of you. but the torque limitation code on the DME can be a result of whatever the Chassis issue is.

If you have Bimmergeeks Protool, you can use that to read every module in the car and see what you're getting a chassis error. Usually its a leveling sensor, but not isolated to that.
Thank you for the insight..
I have lowering springs but they've been installed for a while now..I checked the rear sensor n it looked fine. My headlights self adjust so I'm going to assume that sensor is fine. I have not looked at the front one though.

Just strange I got the error after flashing stage 2.

I'll reach out to MHD if I get the error message again.

Thank you
Steve

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Thank you for the insight..
I have lowering springs but they've been installed for a while now..I checked the rear sensor n it looked fine. My headlights self adjust so I'm going to assume that sensor is fine. I have not looked at the front one though.

Just strange I got the error after flashing stage 2.

I'll reach out to MHD if I get the error message again.

Thank you
Steve

how low are you?