Mickey Thompson et street ss 285/35/19

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Has anyone tried these tires yet? On the street or do you guys recommend against that. I do know they a lore a street/strip tire. But so they perform well on street ? Or strictly just for the track with burnout ?
Sponsored

Absolute Zero

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I run 305-45r17 MT SS on my car, they hook great on the street... however you're not going to get much life out of them due to the soft compound.

I don't drive my car often, but i fully expect i'll be purchasing a set per driving season.

OP
OP
Calderon93

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I run 305-45r17 MT SS on my car, they hook great on the street... however you're not going to get much life out of them due to the soft compound.

I don't drive my car often, but i fully expect i'll be purchasing a set per driving season.
Gotcha...have you tried them on the track?

OP
OP
Calderon93

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra

Just tried them after installation. Warmed them up before I did a roll and it was super sketchy. Idk if it just me but the car seems to now feel sort of unstable. Hard to describe. But itā€™s almost like it wants to turn on me or float. Not hydroplaning because it was dry. For reference Iā€™m on a rays gramlight wheel 285/35/19 and stock tires in the front. Psi was 30 all around

Absolute Zero

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve felt that once or twice with mine cruising on the highway about 75 or so, it was never enough for me to panic or think it was about to lose control/crash though (Iā€™m also running a different size). That being said, Iā€™ve driven/owned some sketchy stuff, so I may just not notice it as much.

A90_Freak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 MK5
I tried the MT et SS , the car does side ways and scary, it is unstable and you canā€™t drive the car .

any recommendations on other street tires for OEM wheels with 600whp+ ?

If not i will go with 17 inch wheels

OP
OP
Calderon93

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I tried the MT et SS , the car does side ways and scary, it is unstable and you canā€™t drive the car .

any recommendations on other street tires for OEM wheels with 600whp+ ?

If not i will go with 17 inch wheels
Yes. Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m saying. Idk what is. The stock tires were great on rolls. But now Iā€™m scared to take it to the track. What would the difference be on 17ā€?

A90_Freak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 MK5
Yes. Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m saying. Idk what is. The stock tires were great on rolls. But now Iā€™m scared to take it to the track. What would the difference be on 17ā€?
i think MT ET street R on 17 would be better . But it is just an opinion, we have to see someone which had an experience with them .

letā€™s see if any one in the forum can guide us.

I really need tries for street & drag use handling 600whp+

OP
OP
Calderon93

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
i think MT ET street R on 17 would be better . But it is just an opinion, we have to see someone which had an experience with them .

letā€™s see if any one in the forum can guide us.

I really need tries for street & drag use handling 600whp+
Same here. Iā€™m getting RaceRom Ecutek and a kill map with roll anti lag from Mikey botti And I need to hook and definitely stay safe at high speeds.

Szokdogg

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 Jeep Trackhawk
i was just about to order the same tire except the 305/35/19 for the stock rims. Reading this thread is making me really second guess now. From reviews I've read people had nothing but good to say about them! I need something that hooks on the street because with 700wtq the stockers aren't cutting it. Any new impressions after you posted this OP?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calderon93

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
i was just about to order the same tire except the 305/35/19 for the stock rims. Reading this thread is making me really second guess now. From reviews I've read people had nothing but good to say about them! I need something that hooks on the street because with 700wtq the stockers aren't cutting it. Any new impressions after you posted this OP?
Yes! Sorry I forgot to update my post! So after getting advice from my mechanic we concluded that it was a mix of things for me. For one I had no hubcentric rings on. And I went wider on the wheels with a new wider tire. I also previously had spacers in. I didnā€™t see the need for an alignment as I recently had one done. But after consideration I did one again and the car is fantastic! Hooks NASTY at 530hp 630tq. I would warm them up before u get on them on the street

Szokdogg

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 Jeep Trackhawk
Yes! Sorry I forgot to update my post! So after getting advice from my mechanic we concluded that it was a mix of things for me. For one I had no hubcentric rings on. And I went wider on the wheels with a new wider tire. I also previously had spacers in. I didnā€™t see the need for an alignment as I recently had one done. But after consideration I did one again and the car is fantastic! Hooks NASTY at 530hp 630tq. I would warm them up before u get on them on the street
Phew, this makes me feel much better. I just had an alignment done as well at P2uned when they installed my eibach lowering springs for me. I'm hoping I don't have to get another one as well going from the stock 275s to 305. I'm running 15mm spacers in the back. I'm hoping the 305's won't rub or if I should just go with the 285's. My car is about the same power level as yours, little more tq (e85+meth/Mikey Sauce) so if you're hooking up good I shouldn't have an issue either. That's awesome thanks!

OP
OP
Calderon93

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Phew, this makes me feel much better. I just had an alignment done as well at P2uned when they installed my eibach lowering springs for me. I'm hoping I don't have to get another one as well going from the stock 275s to 305. I'm running 15mm spacers in the back. I'm hoping the 305's won't rub or if I should just go with the 285's. My car is about the same power level as yours, little more tq (e85+meth/Mikey Sauce) so if you're hooking up good I shouldn't have an issue either. That's awesome thanks!
Awesome ! I have the same botti sauce on fbo e50 You might have issues with rubbing though. With stock wheels and spacers I can see you rubbing With eibach springs as they tend to be lower then H&Rā€™s I know ppl running 305/30 without issues. But less popular of a size
Sponsored