OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
How are the brakes?
They work and look great. No issues other than having to modify some brackets... it wasn't a full plug and play experience.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Currently working with a new shop that will meet the vision of the project. We will see how this goes.

So I wanted to leave this here about dealing with Velocity Motorworks.

-------ORIGINAL REVIEW-------

I dropped the car off on May 3rd to have Coilovers and Big Brake Kit added to the car. I was told that the Supra would be available for pickup on May 7th. I explained in detail that I wanted to NOT have any of the wheels tucking into the wheel well.

They did not reach out to me about any delays on the project. When May 7th arrived, I had to call them before close of business to be told that it would not be ready until Monday or Tuesday the next week. I waited until Wednesday without communication from them to have them let me know that the car would be ready on Friday. I had to call on Friday to have them tell me the car would be ready on Monday.

On Monday May 17th, I was told the car would be ready for pickup from the shop. My wife and I drove there to pick up the vehicle up. Unbeknownst to me (because I keep my phone on silent not to interrupt people during the day) they called my phone and left a message at 5:35 pm (after hours) that the car was not ready and that it was tripping a chassis code (later found from another mechanic that it was the car being too low). I then told my wife, who already left, that she needed to turn around and come pick me up. We live 25 miles away in Chatham County, so she was upset. The bad thing is that no one took the time to tell me that I was left a voice mail, so I walked around the shop with people looking at me like I had a third eye on my forehead. The owner then snapped at me in front of everyone saying that they had already called me and told me the car was not ready. Then I had to explain that I just checked my voicemail while I was there and did not know until I was there.

I ended being very apologetic and felt bad that people were staying late to try and figure out the chassis code issue. I felt super uncomfortable being there during the remainder of the night while waiting to see if the issue could be fixed. I ended up taking the car home with the chassis error persisting. This puts the Supra into a limp mode and locks all safety features and locks all sport features in disabled mode.

They ended up charging me about $1750 ($1950 after taxes) for Coilovers/BBK/Alignment. This price also included multiple ride height adjustments. It was never set to my specifications, but I just smiled and nodded because they were staying so late that night and I felt guilty. I was also told that there needed to be modifications on a bracket for the brakes which I was never consulted on until I arrived Monday.

I felt like I could have called the vendor to get some answers before the work was done. During this whole process not once did I have a coarse word with them or raise my voice. I remained jovial and laughing the entire time and paid what I owed them without complaints. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was coming home to see a pressure dent on my rear drive side quarter panel. Luckily Dent Dominator fixed this issue in less than 20 minutes, but it came out of my pocket. This is my fault since I did not inspect the car upon taking it into possession. Maybe I just caught them at a bad time while they were slammed with work. I do not know. I just know my experience was not what I thought it would be.

***UPDATE FROM ORIGINAL REVIEW***

After seeing the original review, the owner called me and was very agitated and snarky with me. He kept bringing up how he did not care about the review and that he was not even going to call me... but he did anyway. I eventually told him I would take my review down and this could be all water under the bridge, but the more I think about it the more I felt that other people need to know about what happened. Especially after I ended up doing some due diligence after this phone call happened.

During the phone call, I was basically called a liar about the dates/times given. This was the first time I lost my cool when talking with them. The owner told me that I was wrong about all the timelines I posted. Which is not the case. I could hear an employee in the background who initially gave me all the dates trying to say that it he initially said 2 weeks and that he had called me at 1 that day to tell me the car was not ready. As I stated in my original review below, I called multiple times with the date continuing to be pushed back.

• Delivered Vehicle May 3rd
  • The car had brakes and Coilovers done on May 6th. They provided this evidence with their timestamped promotional video.
  • Initial date of pickup: May 7th
  • Then: May 11th
  • Then: May 14th
  • Then: May 17th (Told that the car was not ready at 5:35pm when we were 5 minutes away from the shop after driving from Chatham County)

I understand that this type of work has variables, part acquisition was not one of those since I supplied them with everything. I NEVER got a phone call from them when the timeline got pushed back. I WAS THE ONE calling them trying to understand why no one was calling me when those dates went by without any notifications. The only times I got a phone call about pickup was on May 17th.

Another thing in the call was that I was told I was not clear in what I wanted, and I agreed to that comment so as not to argue anymore. Which was again false. When I left the car with the person in charge of the project, I stated that I only wanted to car lowered by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. The car currently has the rear wheels tucked in the wheel well. I have another mechanic who will be fixing this and the noise that is now occurring in both wheel wells. It is almost like if something is loose. He could also hear the issue and advised me not to drive the vehicle unless I absolutely have to.

The coilovers are initially set at:

Preset Approximate Height From RS-R for the GR Supra coilovers:
Front -30mm to -35mm (-1.2in to -1.4in)
Rear -40mm to -45mm (-1.6in to -1.8in)

Maximum Adjustment Ranges For the GR Supra Coilovers
Front -5mm to -80mm (-0.2in to -3.2in)
Rear -15mm to -70mm (-0.6in to -2.8in)

It took me 15 seconds to get those specs from Google. You can literally adjust calculations from there.

Also... They never set the car into diagnostics mode and they thought that it was their scanner tool needing an update. I was kind of taken aback when I was asked if the car had a diagnostics mode while I was there waiting for them to figure this issue out. It took them over 4 hours to realize this.

I originally left a 2-star review but I'm bumping this down to 1 because I feel that it genuinely warrants it. This experience was not pleasant, and the unprofessional phone call was very unexpected. Because of the lash out from the owner on the 17th and then the phone call on the 20th I do not feel like the car would be safe in that area ever.

*****To the owner. Please do not call or reach out to me in any form or fashion again. I do not want to argue with a business owner who automatically throws blame at their customers. I thought I was getting a phone call with an explanation or an apology, not one the lead off with abrasiveness and snide remarks. *****

I included the call log of the 17th below and I referenced the specified dates as to when the car would be ready from my Outlook calendar.

Screenshot_20210521-183950_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-121955_Phone.jpg

Last edited:

kmai0605

First Name
Vu-Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TL (my two leggs boo hoo hoo)
Currently working with a new shop that will meet the vision of the project. We will see how this goes.

So I wanted to leave this here about dealing with Velocity Motorworks.

-------ORIGINAL REVIEW-------

I dropped the car off on May 3rd to have Coilovers and Big Brake Kit added to the car. I was told that the Supra would be available for pickup on May 7th. I explained in detail that I wanted to NOT have any of the wheels tucking into the wheel well.

They did not reach out to me about any delays on the project. When May 7th arrived, I had to call them before close of business to be told that it would not be ready until Monday or Tuesday the next week. I waited until Wednesday without communication from them to have them let me know that the car would be ready on Friday. I had to call on Friday to have them tell me the car would be ready on Monday.

On Monday May 17th, I was told the car would be ready for pickup from the shop. My wife and I drove there to pick up the vehicle up. Unbeknownst to me (because I keep my phone on silent not to interrupt people during the day) they called my phone and left a message at 5:35 pm (after hours) that the car was not ready and that it was tripping a chassis code (later found from another mechanic that it was the car being too low). I then told my wife, who already left, that she needed to turn around and come pick me up. We live 25 miles away in Chatham County, so she was upset. The bad thing is that no one took the time to tell me that I was left a voice mail, so I walked around the shop with people looking at me like I had a third eye on my forehead. The owner then snapped at me in front of everyone saying that they had already called me and told me the car was not ready. Then I had to explain that I just checked my voicemail while I was there and did not know until I was there.

I ended being very apologetic and felt bad that people were staying late to try and figure out the chassis code issue. I felt super uncomfortable being there during the remainder of the night while waiting to see if the issue could be fixed. I ended up taking the car home with the chassis error persisting. This puts the Supra into a limp mode and locks all safety features and locks all sport features in disabled mode.

They ended up charging me about $1750 ($1950 after taxes) for Coilovers/BBK/Alignment. This price also included multiple ride height adjustments. It was never set to my specifications, but I just smiled and nodded because they were staying so late that night and I felt guilty. I was also told that there needed to be modifications on a bracket for the brakes which I was never consulted on until I arrived Monday.

I felt like I could have called the vendor to get some answers before the work was done. During this whole process not once did I have a coarse word with them or raise my voice. I remained jovial and laughing the entire time and paid what I owed them without complaints. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was coming home to see a pressure dent on my rear drive side quarter panel. Luckily Dent Dominator fixed this issue in less than 20 minutes, but it came out of my pocket. This is my fault since I did not inspect the car upon taking it into possession. Maybe I just caught them at a bad time while they were slammed with work. I do not know. I just know my experience was not what I thought it would be.

***UPDATE FROM ORIGINAL REVIEW***

After seeing the original review, the owner called me and was very agitated and snarky with me. He kept bringing up how he did not care about the review and that he was not even going to call me... but he did anyway. I eventually told him I would take my review down and this could be all water under the bridge, but the more I think about it the more I felt that other people need to know about what happened. Especially after I ended up doing some due diligence after this phone call happened.

During the phone call, I was basically called a liar about the dates/times given. This was the first time I lost my cool when talking with them. The owner told me that I was wrong about all the timelines I posted. Which is not the case. I could hear an employee in the background who initially gave me all the dates trying to say that it he initially said 2 weeks and that he had called me at 1 that day to tell me the car was not ready. As I stated in my original review below, I called multiple times with the date continuing to be pushed back.

• Delivered Vehicle May 3rd
  • The car had brakes and Coilovers done on May 6th. They provided this evidence with their timestamped promotional video.
  • Initial date of pickup: May 7th
  • Then: May 11th
  • Then: May 14th
  • Then: May 17th (Told that the car was not ready at 5:35pm when we were 5 minutes away from the shop after driving from Chatham County)

I understand that this type of work has variables, part acquisition was not one of those since I supplied them with everything. I NEVER got a phone call from them when the timeline got pushed back. I WAS THE ONE calling them trying to understand why no one was calling me when those dates went by without any notifications. The only times I got a phone call about pickup was on May 17th.

Another thing in the call was that I was told I was not clear in what I wanted, and I agreed to that comment so as not to argue anymore. Which was again false. When I left the car with the person in charge of the project, I stated that I only wanted to car lowered by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. The car currently has the rear wheels tucked in the wheel well. I have another mechanic who will be fixing this and the noise that is now occurring in both wheel wells. It is almost like if something is loose. He could also hear the issue and advised me not to drive the vehicle unless I absolutely have to.

The coilovers are initially set at:

Preset Approximate Height From RS-R for the GR Supra coilovers:
Front -30mm to -35mm (-1.2in to -1.4in)
Rear -40mm to -45mm (-1.6in to -1.8in)

Maximum Adjustment Ranges For the GR Supra Coilovers
Front -5mm to -80mm (-0.2in to -3.2in)
Rear -15mm to -70mm (-0.6in to -2.8in)

It took me 15 seconds to get those specs from Google. You can literally adjust calculations from there.

Also... They never set the car into diagnostics mode and they thought that it was their scanner tool needing an update. I was kind of taken aback when I was asked if the car had a diagnostics mode while I was there waiting for them to figure this issue out. It took them over 4 hours to realize this.

I originally left a 2-star review but I'm bumping this down to 1 because I feel that it genuinely warrants it. This experience was not pleasant, and the unprofessional phone call was very unexpected. Because of the lash out from the owner on the 17th and then the phone call on the 20th I do not feel like the car would be safe in that area ever.

*****To the owner. Please do not call or reach out to me in any form or fashion again. I do not want to argue with a business owner who automatically throws blame at their customers. I thought I was getting a phone call with an explanation or an apology, not one the lead off with abrasiveness and snide remarks. *****

I included the call log of the 17th below and I referenced the specified dates as to when the car would be ready from my Outlook calendar.

Screenshot_20210521-183950_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-121955_Phone.jpg
geez what a dick of an owner. As a service advisor for 10 years there are a few rules in the service industry to live by. under promise over deliver and do what you say you are going to do. How hard is it to pick up the phone and say "hey sorry we are going to need more time." glad they didn't mess up your car too bad.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
geez what a dick of an owner. As a service advisor for 10 years there are a few rules in the service industry to live by. under promise over deliver and do what you say you are going to do. How hard is it to pick up the phone and say "hey sorry we are going to need more time." glad they didn't mess up your car too bad.
Thanks. I hope that he learns to run his business a little better.

I'm working with a great mechanic now. I just need to find a reliable body shop in the area and I'll be ready to go. I may have to venture further out for one.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Finally got the manifold in as well as the SPL Front LCAs:

Supra Parts-2.jpg

Supra Parts-1.jpg

Supra Parts-3.jpg

Just as a heads up. The intake manifold will block your ability to get to the oil filter, but they have a mod on the way for that.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Supra Parts-2.jpg

Supra Parts-1.jpg

Supra Parts-3.jpg

Just as a heads up. The intake manifold will block your ability to get to the oil filter, but they have a mod on the way for that.
Holy shit - that's insane.

Questions:
- From where: Nevermind
- I assume you're unlocked ECU, right: Nevermind. Looking into MOTEC
- How much: Nevermind: $3900
- What are your goals?

If you've answered all of those somewhere else, feel free to tell me to RTFM.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Exhaust arrived.

20210602_154952.jpg

Holy shit - that's insane.

Questions:
- From where: Nevermind
- I assume you're unlocked ECU, right: Nevermind. Looking into MOTEC
- How much: Nevermind: $3900
- What are your goals?

If you've answered all of those somewhere else, feel free to tell me to RTFM.
I'm trying to hit 650 whp reliably and safely. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle fueling yet. I also want to keep OEM like functionality. In terms of aesthetics, I'm going for a Japanese/German muscle car. We'll see.

It's going to take a while. Next focus will be body work, exhaust system, intake system and then the transmission and drivetrain.

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
Wing is in. It will be customized to fit with the A91 spoiler. Some people think this wing is played out, but I love it. Jon Sibal did an amazing job on the design. There will be some things that we will try in case the "gap" issue arises with these. There's an awesome in house fabricator at Velocity Motorworks and it shouldn't be an issue to to get this thing fitted correctly.

20210513_104930.jpg

20210513_110437.jpg
I ordered the wing as well, but was completely blind to the fact that the a91 spoiler was drilled in. Are you going to keep the a91 spoiler on and install the wing? Is there a way to fix the holes that were drilled previously?

W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Supra Parts-2.jpg

Supra Parts-1.jpg

Supra Parts-3.jpg

This intake looks better than the sales sites. The SUPRA label on it looks insane. Like I said I am interested to see what you do with the engine cover. I understand cutting it but it appears you lose two of the hold down pins. I am seriously interested in this mod!

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I ordered the wing as well, but was completely blind to the fact that the a91 spoiler was drilled in. Are you going to keep the a91 spoiler on and install the wing? Is there a way to fix the holes that were drilled previously?
I'm keeping the spoiler and modifying the wing and/or spoiler to make it all fit.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Got the ECS steering wheel today. It feels amazing to hold. I can't wait to start get this and everything else installed!

20210604_151808.jpg
ECS as in ECS Tuning? I donā€™t see it on their site. Do you happen to have a link, by any chance?

thanks!