Mimosa's Juicy Street Build

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Car is going in next week for paint correction and a lifetime ceramic coating on the body. The windows + wheels + interior will be hit up as well.

Leaving this up to a shop, because I suck at applying any sort of chemical/paint/coating.

ECU will be coming out after the protection work is done. Then it's onwards to greatness.

I'm holding off on the Big Turbo and Transmission until possibly May or June.

With that said, EcuTek Kit and DME are now on order. I just can't ship mine off until the end of next week. ?

Update: Decided against PPF because I'm broke.
Good luck! How long is the paint and coating gonna take?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
You know what... This build actually looks better on video than in pictures. I just don't know how to take pictures of my car I guess. Here it looks more.... meaty.

Good luck! How long is the paint and coating gonna take?
Well... now that I have forgone the PPF it should only take about 3 or 4 days.Then I'm yanking out the ECU.

Mixsturre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Man it looks aggressive and sounds mean! Great job on the tasteful mods.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
You know what... This build actually looks better on video than in pictures. I just don't know how to take pictures of my car I guess. Here it looks more.... meaty.

Well... now that I have forgone the PPF it should only take about 3 or 4 days.Then I'm yanking out the ECU.
It looks great on video. Getting the right angles helps a lot but it doesn't make your car any less attractive if you're the one taking pics of it. After all, we're here to have fun with our cars!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

Great video! It sounds really good.

It would have been nice to see a full dig from a dead stop. ?

-RJM

REDL1NE

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Supra
Just went through the build. Looks great. Very nicely done. I love the wheels and wing combo. Going to watch some videos tonight!

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
For those with big ass wings on their trunks. I found some stronger trunk lift supports with almost the same length as OEM. These are rated at 152 lbs of force while OEM is rated at 77. These also have a quick release mechanism built in.

Lift Supports Depot:
https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/1...th-10mm-ez-release-ball-sockets-pm3667ez10-w/ T

hey are about $75 after taxes for a set. You can get cheaper alternatives out there. But I tend to like companies that have lifetime warranties with their products... even though I'll be voiding the hell out of the warranty.

Here's a comparison with the Stabilus OEM support.

20220113_110313.jpg

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I'll be getting the new EOS mod for their older Intake manifold. It will be an adapter that utilizes a Kia Stinger Oil Filter. Now I will be able to freely change my oil like a normal person lol.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
For those with big ass wings on their trunks. I found some stronger trunk lift supports with almost the same length as OEM. These are rated at 152 lbs of force while OEM is rated at 77. These also have a quick release mechanism built in.

Lift Supports Depot:
https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/1...th-10mm-ez-release-ball-sockets-pm3667ez10-w/ T

hey are about $75 after taxes for a set. You can get cheaper alternatives out there. But I tend to like companies that have lifetime warranties with their products... even though I'll be voiding the hell out of the warranty.

Here's a comparison with the Stabilus OEM support.

20220113_110313.jpg
Need to look but are the bolts hard to get to under panels?

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Need to look but are the bolts hard to get to under panels?
There aren't any bolts for these. You just snap off some clips and they slide out. Probably the easiest thing I've done on this car so far. If you're fast you can probably change them out in under 2 minutes if you prop the trunk or have someone hold it.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
There aren't any bolts for these. You just snap off some clips and they slide out. Probably the easiest thing I've done on this car so far. If you're fast you can probably change them out in under 2 minutes if you prop the trunk or have someone hold it.
I just looked at my trunk. Yeah very easily accessible. How have they been working for you?

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I just looked at my trunk. Yeah very easily accessible. How have they been working for you?
Perfect. The trunk lifts automatically after lifting it a bit. 130 to 140 ish lbs of force might be best for some. I have a spoiler on there too. So I wanted to make sure it worked.

I am going to make a video as soon as I get my car back to show the difference.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Perfect. The trunk lifts automatically after lifting it a bit. 130 to 140 ish lbs of force might be best for some. I have a spoiler on there too. So I wanted to make sure it worked.

I am going to make a video as soon as I get my car back to show the difference.
I have the 12.5 Voltex wing, which might be heavier than your Street hunter wing. So maybe 152 lb would be best for me too.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Car is finally back from getting coated.... time to take out the ECU and ship it to Russia.

If you guys are in the Triangle Area... August Precision is the place to go for PPF and coating. They are amazing. They had to place my car outside on the day of pick up because they were running out of space and had it under a nice tarp to make sure everything stayed immaculate.

Top notch service.