Mimosa's [Schwarz Silber] Build

Octane

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra.
Just a word to the wise on the wing install:

Be gentle when tightening the wing to the mounts. Use hand tools like the instructions say. It's a slow process, but both the wing mounts and the wing itself have been known to crack when using power tools (from self-installations and professional installers alike).

I would also recommend getting stainless steel mounting hardware from your local hardware store. The included hardware rusts.

Also, I recommend getting some sealant to place around the holes to prevent water from seeping into the deck lid.
I haven't done a wing install on the Supra, but as someone who's done installs on other cars, everything here is 100% accurate and would definitely follow.

OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
J29
Just a word to the wise on the wing install:

Be gentle when tightening the wing to the mounts. Use hand tools like the instructions say. It's a slow process, but both the wing mounts and the wing itself have been known to crack when using power tools (from self-installations and professional installers alike).

I would also recommend getting stainless steel mounting hardware from your local hardware store. The included hardware rusts.

Also, I recommend getting some sealant to place around the holes to prevent water from seeping into the deck lid.
I haven't done a wing install on the Supra, but as someone who's done installs on other cars, everything here is 100% accurate and would definitely follow.
They will be doing all of that. Everything will be sealed from water and they will be add rubber grommets and sealant in areas. They also mentioned that they will use their own hardware for the insure the best install on all the exterior parts being replaced. They are even removing the dealer install spoiler to seat it correctly on the trunk. They did a really bad job at the dealership.

Advertisement

Advertisement