Mishimoto's Performance Heat Exchanger R&D Thread

Discussion in 'B58 6-Cyl Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Bolt-Ons' started by Mishimoto, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Guess who's back, back again.

It's me. Nick from Mishimoto to be your guide through the development of our performance heat exchanger for the B58 powered Supra.

NLT_7231-2.jpg

Above you'll find Jason, our engineer working on this project, as he gathers initial measurements for the new heat exchanger design.

As I type this, I realize that there might be some here who are not quite familiar with the concept of a heat exchanger. If you're on here, I will assume that you don't live under a rock and have hear the news that the Supra's intercooler is an air-to-water system and is built into the intake manifold. Well, the heat pulled from the intake air needs to be transferred somewhere, which comes in the form of basically a second radiator which is basically an intercooler cooler, or more widely known as a heat exchanger. Improving on this secondary radiator helps the intercooler performing more efficiently, and keeps your IATs down, especially once the boost starts going up.

We have plenty in store for you as we progress into this project, so stay tuned. And speaking of tunes, what kind of power do you guys hope to see out of your Supras?

-Nick

EastCoastSupra and MA617M like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    NLT_9318.jpg
    *Laser Sounds*

Just wanted to bump this up with a look at what we've been up to! Jason is working the Faro arm to create a virtual version of the Supra's heat exchanger to work off of in Solid Works.

Plenty more to come! As always, feel free to shoot over any questions you might have!

-Nick

EastCoastSupra likes this.