Most revealing 2020 Supra prototype spy pics yet, Spotted 3/19/18!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
^ It would be great if the usable rear glass area was that big, but going from the shots of the race concept's back window it won't be, Toyota put a very wide black band inside the glass border on the concept; if that's also on the production car will take a quarter or more of the window out of play.
Like on the Z4 coupe?

bmw_Z4_Coupe_manu-07_01.jpg
Yeah you can really see it in the live photos.

28436091_536978713354765_7492840635674656768_n.jpg

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Man, too bad those photos are so potato-spec, would have been nice to see the car in a more street-ready trim. That being said, the test engineers must have called their bosses after months of testing in snowy Sweden and said, "It's very important we test the cars in France! Preferably in wine country!" Those dudes must be living the life.

Yeah you can really see it in the live photos.

28436091_536978713354765_7492840635674656768_n.jpg
The production glass will not look like this. The racecar only looks like this because it is using Lexan windows. The factory car will have normal looking glass with normal looking borders.

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
a few people are having trouble seeing what the car looks like under the camo wrap

two biggest things that are affecting the look is the covered glass, and the wheels

here's a 5 min /seriously dodgy indication to show how much difference windows make.

Supra 7.jpg

Supra 9.jpg

yup wheel size (width/diameter), stance (wheel arch gap, track width) make a MASSIVE difference in appearance, we should all know this by now lol

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
An aftermarket wide bodykit consisting of front wide fenders, front bumper with wide center opening eliminating the F1 cone, a rear trunk that will have the same design lines but extending further to cover the taillights, with embedded trunk spoiler extension, and covering on the other side some of the rear window, will give the car's silhouette more visual length and make it look much more balanced in design as a GT coupe rather than a hardtop roadster.
With an aftermarket coilover suspension kit, 19"s RAYS TE37's ultra track wide, titanium exhaust, front mount intercooler, ECU and boost-up menu, it will be a 400+hp beast.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wow it really is short... its pretty much a hard top version of the Z4...
First thing I noticed when I saw the photos. Although the car has some really nice curves. Just hoping the final design doesn't look off due to the shorter platform compared to the FT-1 concept.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I think its going to be pretty comparable to a 370z overall. They shortened that car over the 350z too, and lost a little weight. Its short and squat, but looks pretty good. I think the new Supra, while it won't look much like the FT1 proportion wise, is going to be a really good looking car too. Likely will be the prettiest Z4 Coupe they've made yet :p

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I think some are overreacting about the length of the car. If the leaks of *172.4 in* are correct then it would be just 5.4 in shorter than its predecessor. Its still going to be longer than the 86 and 370z *166.9 in*. It's actually slightly longer than the 718 Cayman *172 in*.

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
I think some are overreacting about the length of the car. If the leaks of *172.4 in* are correct then it would be just 5.4 in shorter than its predecessor. Its still going to be longer than the 86 and 370z *166.9 in*. It's actually slightly longer than the 718 Cayman *172 in*.
The problem is not the actual length, but the design profile that makes very intense the feeling of the short Z4 silhouette especially in the rear end.
The rear windshield extends so much back that the rear trunk is almost absent.
This is the major design issue that will always remind that the Supra is a hardtop Z4.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
As crazy as this will sound, but that last picture looks like a MKIV Supra....kinda.
I totally agree.

The problem is not the actual length, but the design profile that makes very intense the feeling of the short Z4 silhouette especially in the rear end.
The rear windshield extends so much back that the rear trunk is almost absent.
This is the major design issue that will always remind that the Supra is a hardtop Z4.
I kind of get what you are saying. It does give off a little Z4 coupe feel. However, most lift-backs generally look like this. With the rear windshield part; its the same with the FT1 and past Supras as well.

Toyota-GR-Supra-Racing-concept-106.jpg

20180306_115619b (1).jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.