Most revealing 2020 Supra prototype spy pics yet, Spotted 3/19/18!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's all camo'd out and such....and I know its still in testing phase, but I just can't see that "camo'd/production" car looking anything like the GR Supra Concept....I just can't. I hope they are making it look this ugly on purpose....because it just doesn't have nice lines in these pics. Again, I know this is a test car and it's packed with camo and fake panels....I just hope the real deal will look good....I really hope so.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
I know it's all camo'd out and such....and I know its still in testing phase, but I just can't see that "camo'd/production" car looking anything like the GR Supra Concept....I just can't. I hope they are making it look this ugly on purpose....because it just doesn't have nice lines in these pics. Again, I know this is a test car and it's packed with camo and fake panels....I just hope the real deal will look good....I really hope so.
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing it also. Hopefully it's under there somewhere.

Vaevictum

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camaro SS, 2012 Corolla
It honestly doesn't look that bad to me, I'm interested in a camo-free look at this thing just to see how the body lines flow down the length of the car. The nose/tail don't look bad at all, I want one lol. Just give me a better 0-60 than 4.8 (slower than your predecessor) or a very, VERY mod-friendly drivetrain/tune-able ECU and I'm sold.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Not sure how you cant see the concept under the camo. Aside from the widebody and big wang, it looks pretty spot on to me.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
The Blue front calipers and red rears is an interesting look lol.

Not sure how you cant see the concept under the camo. Aside from the widebody and big wang, it looks pretty spot on to me.
Yeah for real! Looks the same, save for the stuff we know is racecar stuff. Overall shape, the integrated duckbill, the roof, the vents, overall length, etc. I'm actually surprised with how close the Racing Concept was to the prototype cars. :dunno:

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
The Blue front calipers and red rears is an interesting look lol.

Yeah for real! Looks the same, save for the stuff we know is racecar stuff. Overall shape, the integrated duckbill, the roof, the vents, overall length, etc. I'm actually surprised with how close the Racing Concept was to the prototype cars. :dunno:
Yes, interesting... The brake and tire sizes just don't scream 340+ hp to me, more like 240hp. Thoughts?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, interesting... The brake and tire sizes just don't scream 340+ hp to me, more like 240hp. Thoughts?
It's on winter wheels+tires, and looks like it has the same brakes as the M240i in terms of size. Same front caliper but the rear appears to be a slider, which is typical of BMW brake setups.

If anything the brakes are more indicative of this car being light as opposed to underpowered.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

I like it, the front looks remniscent to the current 86

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
The side profile on this thing is very nice. The front looks awkward but I'm sure once the camo is stripped off it will look good

Typically bmw have decent wheel fitment too, so hopefully Toyota don't fuck that up.

Imagine it with a nice wide set of 18s and meaty tyres. Will look very tough.

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I also don't understand how people dont see this looking like the GR Supra Concept.
Looks identical to me! (Obviously minus the wide body etc).

They may not look huge, but if the weight they're claiming on this car is correct, then it would make sense for the calipers to be smaller and not gigantic.
For e.g. I drive an S15 and the brakes on those aren't really big. They stop awesome because of the light weight.
So as you can imagine, weight plays a big part with a lot of aspects in a car.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Good pics, looks pretty nice, although as noted winter wheels/tires so hard to see the actual stance, gap in fenders etc. blue BMW calipers...love the CB Antenna ha ha...In the first pic if you enlarge it you can clearly see the driver face, anyone know him?

Status
Not open for further replies.