Most revealing 2020 Supra prototype spy pics yet, Spotted 3/19/18!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xantonin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Celica GT-S
Oh no, I'm not good enough to do any of that. I just figured I'll wait until someone else does lol

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I think some are overreacting about the length of the car. If the leaks of *172.4 in* are correct then it would be just 5.4 in shorter than its predecessor. Its still going to be longer than the 86 and 370z *166.9 in*. It's actually slightly longer than the 718 Cayman *172 in*.
I'm not sure that is correct though. Tada-san has said the car has a slightly shorter wheelbase then the 86. Neither car has much for overhangs so I would expect it to be about the same length or less then the 86.

Funny thing a lot of people don't know about Supras through the generations. People often think of the mk2 as "the little" Supra, because the car's grew so much in width and and weight in later years. But the mk4 is actually shorter in height, length and wheelbase. The mk3 is actually just under the mk2 in all of the same dims too. Weight on the other hand... lol

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Oh no, I'm not good enough to do any of that. I just figured I'll wait until someone else does lol
Lol, all of us are waiting with you. :p

I'm not sure that is correct though. Tada-san has said the car has a slightly shorter wheelbase then the 86. Neither car has much for overhangs so I would expect it to be about the same length or less then the 86.

Funny thing a lot of people don't know about Supras through the generations. People often think of the mk2 as "the little" Supra, because the car's grew so much in width and and weight in later years. But the mk4 is actually shorter in height, length and wheelbase. The mk3 is actually just under the mk2 in all of the same dims too. Weight on the other hand... lol
The magazine said the wheelbase would be 97.2 in and thats what showed up on the Toyota press release. Plus their rendering looks so close to the spied prototype, so in my opinion I think they are creditable. We can still have a longer overall length with a shorter WB like with the MKIV.

The supposed dimensions are very close to the Cayman.

MKV
Wheelbase 2,470 mm (97.2 in)
Length 4,380 mm (172.4 in)
Width 1,855 mm (73 in)
Height 1,290 mm (50.8 in)

Wheelbase 2,475 mm (97.4 in)
Length 4,379 mm (172 in)
Width 1,801 mm (70.9 in)
Height 1,295 mm (51 in)

Differences (If I did the math right lol.)
Wheelbase -5 mm (-0.2 in)
Length +1 mm (+0.4 in)
Width +55mm (+2.1 in)
Height -5 mm (-0.2 in)

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
I think some are overreacting about the length of the car. If the leaks of *172.4 in* are correct then it would be just 5.4 in shorter than its predecessor. Its still going to be longer than the 86 and 370z *166.9 in*. It's actually slightly longer than the 718 Cayman *172 in*.
not just about the overall length... the bonnet/nose is long for instance. But the turret and rear is indeed Z4 like in size.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
not just about the overall length... the bonnet/nose is long for instance. But the turret and rear is indeed Z4 like in size.
Overall I still think it isn't that far off from the last Supra proportion wise.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wouldn't it be nice if Toyota would just show the production model at the NY auto show next week and finally put all the rumors and speculations to rest until the car actually comes out next year?!?

Although this will not kill the complaints I'm sure they're already hearing but at least they will be backed up by what's actually going to come out. Everyone has been ready to know what this car is going to be! Plus, they'll be able to take the car to every car show going forward this year + next year when the car comes out (Hello Marketing Team: Build even more hype!)

Patchaaron

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, corolla
Wouldn't it be nice if Toyota would just show the production model at the NY auto show next week and finally put all the rumors and speculations to rest until the car actually comes out next year?!?

Although this will not kill the complaints I'm sure they're already hearing but at least they will be backed up by what's actually going to come out. Everyone has been ready to know what this car is going to be! Plus, they'll be able to take the car to every car show going forward this year + next year when the car comes out (Hello Marketing Team: Build even more hype!)
I’m wondering if you’ve heard what I’ve heard? I know A guy that’s friends within insider and so far everything he’s told me has be accurate.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
The magazine said the wheelbase would be 97.2 in and thats what showed up on the Toyota press release. Plus their rendering looks so close to the spied prototype, so in my opinion I think they are creditable. We can still have a longer overall length with a shorter WB like with the MKIV.

The supposed dimensions are very close to the Cayman.

MKV
Width 1,855 mm (73 in)

Wheelbase 2,475 mm (97.4 in)
Length 4,379 mm (172 in)
Width 1,801 mm (70.9 in)
Height 1,295 mm (51 in)

Differences (If I did the math right lol.)
Wheelbase -5 mm (-0.2 in)
Length +1 mm (+0.4 in)
Width +55mm (+2.1 in)
Height -5 mm (-0.2 in)
Yes, Toyota posted those dims, but did they say they were for the Racing Concept or for the production car? They didn't, but since they are only showing the racing car I would say its safe to assume they are only for it. And the dims posted in the magazine article were probably leaks of what Toyota was going to post at Geneva so they likely take intro account the racing concept's dims. Which, should include this...
Genf-2018-Toyota-GR-Supra-Racing-Concept-GAZOO-Live-14.jpg

That rear diffuser looks like it sticks out a good 3+ inches to me. Plus...
toyota-gr-supra-racing-concept_1.jpg

That front splitter will definitely not be on the production car, so knock off another 2 to 3 inches.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Yes, Toyota posted those dims, but did they say they were for the Racing Concept or for the production car? They didn't, but since they are only showing the racing car I would say its safe to assume they are only for it. And the dims posted in the magazine article were probably leaks of what Toyota was going to post at Geneva so they likely take intro account the racing concept's dims. Which, should include this...

That rear diffuser looks like it sticks out a good 3+ inches to me. Plus...

That front splitter will definitely not be on the production car, so knock off another 2 to 3 inches.
What I am saying is the magazine leaked wheelbase match that of the concept car. So this lends me to believe that their "leaked" specs is what the production car will be.

Leaked Magazine Specs
Width 1,855 mm (73 in)

GR Supra Racing Concept
Wheelbase 2,470mm (97.2 in)
Length 4,574mm (180.1 in)
Width 2,048mm (80.6 in)
Height 1,230mm (48.4 in)

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I think it definitely has more overhang, especially on the rear vs the 86.

Logo_Toyota_GT86_2012_Side.jpg

Modified-2018-toyota-gr-supra-racing-concept (3).jpg

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
What I am saying is the magazine leaked wheelbase match that of the concept car. So this lends me to believe that their "leaked" specs is what the production car will be.

Leaked Magazine Specs
Width 1,855 mm (73 in)

GR Supra Racing Concept
Wheelbase 2,470mm (97.2 in)
Length 4,574mm (180.1 in)
Width 2,048mm (80.6 in)
Height 1,230mm (48.4 in)
Oh, the magazine's length is different! I thought you were going off the length Toyota released for the racing concept, I see your point now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.