Mud Flaps...

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I have been delaying installing these and realized that I lost the plastic rivets for the front that came with the ZL1 flaps. Does anyone now what rivet size is recommended? I see it is recommended to go a little longer than stock but cant find the stock size...
Wow, I literally last night just had the same problem. My kitten carried off the little bag with the replacement plastic rivets, and we can't find it anywhere. We hit up Autozone, and found they carry a large selection of 1/4" (hole size) plastic rivets. The existing holes in the fender are just a tiny bit smaller than 1/4". I used a sharp 1/4" drill and widened the holes every-so-slightly, then the 1/4" rivets fit great. The one's we bought were about twice as long as the stock rivets. No big deal, there's plenty of open space behind these.

Here's a pic.

IMG_2389.JPG
Sponsored

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I literally last night just had the same problem. My kitten carried off the little bag with the replacement plastic rivets, and we can't find it anywhere. We hit up Autozone, and found they carry a large selection of 1/4" (hole size) plastic rivets. The existing holes in the fender are just a tiny bit smaller than 1/4". I used a sharp 1/4" drill and widened the holes every-so-slightly, then the 1/4" rivets fit great. The one's we bought were about twice as long as the stock rivets. No big deal, there's plenty of open space behind these.

Here's a pic.

IMG_2389.JPG
Great. Thanks! Ill check those out. When I called the dealership to see if they had just the OEM ones they said they didnt have any and had to order them.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
Does anyone know if these are sold somewhere in Europe?

ZL1addons state they ship worldwide but I have been unable to get any response whatsoever from them. Apparently, their customer service is a bit lacking from what I have read elsewhere.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
These flaps look good. They look integrated and match the other black trim. They should help with chips. What other areas are prone to chips? What are you guys doing coverage wise for paint protection film? What are the MUST DO areas on this car?

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
These flaps look good. They look integrated and match the other black trim. They should help with chips. What other areas are prone to chips? What are you guys doing coverage wise for paint protection film? What are the MUST DO areas on this car?
Did front bumper, hood, rockers and the panel they call “door garnish”. Then did rear diffuser to match the front splitter and rockers (if you don’t use satin or “stealth” PPF, the trim’s matte finish gets glossy - which is OK so it matches A pillar)

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
When it comes to PPF, the front bumper is a MUST. I added headlights since they get pitted pretty quickly. However, the hood can get very expensive since it's not only huge, but has challenging curves.

Also, consider doing the A-pillars since it's not that expensive to do - especially as that black glossy plastic scratches very easily.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Normal PPF coverage for me would be front bumper, partial hood/ fenders, a pillars, side mirrors, door cups and edges.

How is the leading edge of the roof above the windshield doing in regards to stone chips? Are most of you doing partial hood or entire hood? How are the lower rockers and behind the rear wheels? I assume the flaps this thread is about helps with that?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I thought about doing more than just the bumper, headlights, A-pillars and full hood since I maxed out my PPF budget of $2K. :oops:

I don't like the partial hood look with the line running across the middle. I'd either do the full hood or no hood.

Luckily, the shop threw in the side mirrors for free after I agreed to doing the A-pillars.

SneakylilPetey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Did these on mine as well. I actually like the look of them. Install was pretty easy, Didn't have to remove the rear tires. I was able to put a screw driver bit in some locking pliers and secure it in.

20201215_153358.jpg

20201215_160747.jpg

20201215_160754.jpg

20201215_153404.jpg
Sponsored