First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Got my new Frequency Intelligent catback valvetronic exhaust installed this past week.

Had the Carbon Fiber tip option as well.

Car sounds incredible with just an upgraded catback.

Check out the install video and sound clips.

LINK:

Reving and driving sound clips are towards the end if you want to skip the rest.

Cheers,
-V
Sponsored

luchocampusano

First Name
Lucho
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 BMW 335ix
good video, what is oem weight vs FI exhaust ?

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It looks great, but, honestly, I can't tell much of a difference in sound vs stock w/catless dp. Maybe the weight loss is significant? I dunno, but, based on sound alone I would honestly have a hard time justifying the price.

OP
OP
KeshyMKV

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
good video, what is oem weight vs FI exhaust ?
This is the one thing I didn't get a chance to do with the FI exhaust. I am going in Thursday to pickup my stock exhaust and I will weigh that exhaust system and post up the comparison number to what the spec sheet states for the FI exhaust.

It looks great, but, honestly, I can't tell much of a difference in sound vs stock w/catless dp. Maybe the weight loss is significant? I dunno, but, based on sound alone I would honestly have a hard time justifying the price.
So I recently heard what a catless dp alone sounds like on the MKV, and have to say it is probably a bit louder than this catback. It crackles for hours compared to just a catback. Now that being said, this FI exhaust in person is significantly louder than the factory when it pops and crackles. Also the exhaust is still being broken in...but for the price range I can understand your concern. I wanted to hold off on a dp and tuning related issues just a bit longer, so I opted for the catback valvetronic with better tips for the interim. I honestly got a pretty good price on it, though still much more than just a dp.
Sponsored